Alternative for TrainerRoad?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

TonyM

by TonyM

Hi,

I love TrainerRoad and the ERG mode. Really very convenient to have the home trainer adapting to the target power.

Is there any alternative to TrainerRoad which have also the ERG mode? I would create the intervals myself but I would need a (free) software working with the ERG mode and the home trainer (Tacx Neo).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

Do you have an iOS or Android device/tablet with Bluetooth? If so you could try the Tacx App for tablets which has teh ability to use watt-time and slope-time trainings for free.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

mvnsnd

by mvnsnd

Zwift should work as well. You can use their pre-made intervals or create your own within Zwift. It's fairly easy.

And if you have Strava premium, November and December this year are free to try Zwift, otherwise its about $10 USD per month

claus

by claus

Take a look at GoldenCheetah.

sanrensho

by sanrensho

PerfPro. One-time purchase, frequently updated, excellent and responsive technical support, highly customizable.

havana

by havana

Perhaps a stupid question, but why are you looking for an alternative?

You're using a 1000€+ trainer and 10$/month for a TR subscription is too expensive? :oops:
Editor-in-chief CycloWorld.cc - the largest database of gran fondo's and sportives in the world.

TonyM

by TonyM

havana wrote:Perhaps a stupid question, but why are you looking for an alternative?

You're using a 1000€+ trainer and 10$/month for a TR subscription is too expensive? :oops:

I could say that after paying so much for these home trainer you have to save money somewhere...LOL...

Seriously now by doing the maths:
I entend to use this home trainer 5 to 7 years I think. That would cost for TrainerRoad then $500 to $700! Not really cheap for a software....Especially when you understand the trainingsystem of TrainerRoad....

Cheetahmk7

by Cheetahmk7

iMobileintervals is another phone app that do erg files.

kkibbler

by kkibbler

FWIW I could not get GoldenCheetah to work headache-free with my smart trainer and sensors. GC started as a superpowered analytics tool that added training and trainer control later on, and it's very much a work-in-progress in terms of ease of setup.

This should be helpful

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com