Training rides in Berlin?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

leguy

by leguy

Hey guys

I just moved to Berlin from Denmark. I surely don't miss the headwind from back home, but miss the ability to ride out of town within 10 minutes on the bike and you have some decent routes to use. This seems impossible here :noidea:

Do any one of you know any good rides in and around Berlin?

And as a bonus: If some of you know of any cycling clubs in town, then these advices are also worshipped.

Best
Christoffer

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kurets

by Kurets

Berlin sucks for cycling in my opinion, lived there for half a year and really hated it. However, depending on where you live the good areas to ride are a bit different. I lived for a short while in Köpenick and from there the best route was to go southeast to Königs Wusterhausen and Storkow. Easy to get a 100+ km ride in with not too much traffic.
If you live more to the north there are some routes you can find on Strava locals which are decent. Some even have "hills" according to the Berliners.
Another staple is the route around Grünewald which has two small hills and by doing a detour you can go up the Teufelsberg which is a nice Ardennes style climb to an old radio station.
You can also join Strava-Berlin for frequent group rides, I never went but I heard it is often quite friendly people. Once you get to know people it should be easy to find a club to join.

Sent from mTalk