COMPEX \ Stim Users \ Rehab question #helpplease

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Alright twitchers - I have an injury that keeps creeping up on me that with racing and travel keeps getting worse and I'm having trouble sorting it out. My quadrates lumborum has become in such a bad shape that my muscles are pulling my spine to one direction. So looking at my back from behind, the my spine basically looks like the back of a chair as it is pulled left. Pretty consistently painful. My right glute and muscles to the right of my lower spine are in serious pain and hard\knotted up.

Anyway - I'm doing the best I can for what rehab I have access to but I also have a COMPEX unit I use for my legs for exercise\recovery but information is slim and far between over what specific I can do with the exact programs and maybe even placements to address the quadratus lumborum. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated as muscle relaxants don't seem to do any good.

Again thanks in advance for any ideas I can work on.
Just ride ..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

joeyb1000

by joeyb1000

I own the Compex, and I have issues with my QL (but not as bad).

I place one pad just below the top of the pelvis and the other mid way up the back -- and I use recovery mode. There's a little trial and error here. It helps a little in getting the muscle to relax.

But for the level of severity that you are describing, I'm assuming you are seeing a chiropractor.

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Yes I am - sometimes the muscle is too tight for part of my back to loosen up enough for her to work with. I will try the placements you mentioned to the right of my spine and see how that goes.

Not a fun injury for sure and has me rethinking my bike fit a bit as well wondering if stretching myself out a bit more might also alleviate some extra stress.

I think of all the body I have found back issues to be the most convoluted and mysterious lol.

Thanks for the input.
Just ride ..