Muscle Weight Loss desireable?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

xena
Banned

by xena

han1337 wrote:
xena wrote:
han1337 wrote:
xena wrote:That's my point exactly. Some people seem to be more vascular without being under 4/5 % bodyfat.
Bodybuilders can be 12% fat and look ripped.

Also when you are dehydrated and then eat something sugary and have a drink .. your veins will pop out. (mine do .. at least in the legs..)
But I still believe that veganism helps your bloodflow .. even if the looks dont tell it all.

For sure. I mean drink some water and your veins will almost disappear.
I'm not a vegan but avoiding the heavy meat and dairy is IMO beneficial.
I tend to get protein from a shake or chicken (not anabolic :lol: )
I do eat a lot of veg
I would go vegan if i could but I always get the calling for a bacon sandwich or a burger

I understand you bro .. it is just inconvenient.

It was just meant to be an experiment at first.
But I just feel a lot better now.

And I am too competitive to give up an advantage :D

Yeah chicken and shake is easy to ramp up the Protein ... they also have lots of lysine, which is very rare to find in vegan foods.
The missing lysine is probably a big reason for the weight loss and catabolism or missing anabolism with being vegan.

I will have to find out what that means in the long run - maybe its bad - maybe not .. sometimes you just have to find out by yourself.

Don't peas have Lysine ? My wife is a vegetarian she just told me Lentils are a good for lysine. I'm not sure how many peas you would have to eat though :lol:
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

Tabe

by Tabe

How ripped one is, does not straight turn to race performance. There are even cyclosportif cyclist that look like protour cyclist no fat veins popping like after rest day, but they don't get nowhere when flag goes down. Even at upper level pros can be pretty soft looking but..let's just say Cavendish, Betancour. Of course one can benefit of it at least in extremely hot weather and mountain climbing. Being very ripped can be quite challenging with hormonal balance aso. (I just have couple of friends that have many many GT done and dusted).

Not much magic in food and energy, of course there must be common sense and quality in it. But good hard work for FTP for han1337, there's room for it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jamesbass

by jamesbass

Tabe wrote:How ripped one is, does not straight turn to race performance.

Actually, I have noticed a difference in flat criterium performance by dropping 10kg over the years. I've had a power meter the whole time so know nothing has changed there. Definitely an advantage during accelerations.

Tabe wrote:Being very ripped can be quite challenging with hormonal balance aso.

Only if you're on low-carb with the whole calorie restriction thing going on & the classic yo-yo "dieting" between summer/winter. Easier to keep your hormones in check with high-nutrient veggies/fruit and enough glucose in the system at all times. IMO of course, just from experience.

Tabe

by Tabe

Of course 10kg is huge change in every case for racing cyclist. I was talking more like going from f% say 6 to 4. Completely different challenge than from 10 to 8 for example..

ophiravina

by ophiravina

han1337 wrote:
Very extreme weight for your height, must have saved a lot of cda :D :thumbup:
I dont watch the ratio .. I just eat plant foods and try not to go overboard with the nuts and avocados, or anything fatty..
Also I dont eat any bread or pasta, only rice as a strach atm, dont know yet if I can keep that up.

I probably need to get some more protein in, maybe add some more quinoa or beans, to be able to build up some muscles again if needed.

How do you get so much protein a day?

I have no problem geting enough protein a day. I actually try not to eat to much protein.

I work as a metalworker\welder and I ride to and from work almost daily (3-4 times a week), the course is around 35 km with 750 meters of elevation. that means that I ride 80-70 km a day with 1500 meters of elevation and work hard, during the week and then go to my team training rides and races on friday/saturday. I burn a lot of calories so I eat a lot.
usually my day looks like this:

morning ride with no breakfast
6-7 mangos (800-950 calories with 11-13 grams of protein)
work
big salad (166 calories with 7.6 grams of protein)
3 cups of coocked couscous (531 calories with 18 grams of protein)
work
kilo of grapes (690 calories with 7.2 grams of protein)
afternoon ride
300g of canned beans (342 calories with 22 grams of protein)
4 cups of steamed rice (821 calories with 17 gram of protein)
some computer/family time and go to bad

adds up to 3360 calories, 82.7 grams of protein (3.9 grams lysine in case you wonder), 706 grams of carbs and 11.7 grams of fat.

this is what I ate yesterday. somtimes I eat bigger\smaller portions but this is a typical day. I also like to eat cereals with fotified soy milk, oatmeal with chia seeds and date syrup, pizza with a lot of tomato sauce, mushrooms, onions and no cheese. and the fruits varies depending on the season.
there are loads of things to eat that are high carb vegan and taste good, I'm quite happy with this diet. :-)