Campy 10 speed on 11 speed KICKR

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

cmcdonnell

by cmcdonnell

I have an 11 speed KICKR and have used it all winter with my summer bike which runs Campy 11 speed with the stock Shimano 11 speed cassette. Weather and light has improved enough to ride out on a weekday evening but I wanted to put my winter bike (which runs Campy 10 speed) on the KICKR. Can I do this without buying the Wahoo campy adapter? I use ERG mode at the moment so is there a gear that would work? I've put it on but whilst is back pedals smoothly there is definitely a clunky sound to the cassette and I don't want to trash my 10 speed chain or worse, damage the KICKR as that would certainly be a false economy. Any ideas?
Bianchi Oltre XR2 + Campagnolo Super Record 11 + Campagnolo Bora 50C
Litespeed T1 + Campagnolo Chorus 11 + Campagnolo Shamal Ultra

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

Does the Kickr have a campy free hub on it? If so, you could just fit a campy 10 speed cassette.

boysa

by boysa

I have a Campy 11spd cassette on mine, and the other day we put my wife's bike, which is still 10spd, on the trainer without issue. It was a bit noisy, but I just found the gear which was quietest. If you're worried about chain issues, just set it up to ride in the 11t. I certainly find this to be one of the nicest parts about Erg mode.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

cmcdonnell

by cmcdonnell

I don't have the campy adaptor and have been using the 11 speed cassette that came with it in my campy 11 speed setup. That had been fine if a little noisy but I think the new 11 speed campy is noisy generally. I couldn't seem to find a quiet gear with my 10 speed set up last night but didn't try the smallest sprocket. May try later. Thsnkd
Bianchi Oltre XR2 + Campagnolo Super Record 11 + Campagnolo Bora 50C
Litespeed T1 + Campagnolo Chorus 11 + Campagnolo Shamal Ultra