Fasting endurance training?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

KWalker

by KWalker

You basically have to eat healthy before, during, and after puberty. Apparently that's what Kristoff's Dad had him do to ensure that he developed a favorable metabolism.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

eyedrop

by eyedrop

I wouldn't recommend fasting, ever. People say it enhances your body's ability to burn fat instead of carbs, and helps to clear out the toxins in your body. But I think you would be better off eating a clean high carb, low fat diet. If your eating right, your weight shouldnt be a problem, and neither should toxins. The other thing to consider is the fact that your body will also feed off of muscle tissue if your out of food. By the time you get done riding, your recovery can be greatly hindered by simply having a lack of nutrients to work with. And to top it all off, some people say that going hungry in general can cause metabolic damage and end up slowing down your metabolism. Sleep, water, and sugar is key!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Not all of us function well on a high carb diet.
Using Tapatalk

KWalker

by KWalker

No one is saying you need "high carb" if you can even define that. But there is no mistaking the fact that a certain volume glycogenic metabolism becomes a limiter for even amateurs.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike