Legs topic

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

I shave 2x/week. Friday before the weekend, then the following Tuesday. Friday is calf and thighs, but my Tuesday shave is solely from the top of my knees to my ankles. If I really need to shave my thighs on Tuesday, I'll use an electric shaver there.

I too, suffer from sensitive skin, but I use regular soap in the shower. I also make sure to use aftershave to prevent infections (hand sanitizer diluted with water).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Carlin

by Carlin

BikeAnon wrote:He's not saying he cut his legs while shaving... if I'm reading it correctly, he cut his legs, and was bothered by leg-hair when recovering.

My vote would be to do more work on not-falling-down. Then you probably don't need to worry about shaving.

But... let's be real... you don't have to make excuses... you're a cyclist. it's OK to want to shave the legs. No shame in that (around other cyclists).

lol it's not done an to falling off my bike, I've not had an off for long time. It's more like getting close to bushes, branches, stumps when your in a group pretty easy to cut you shins downwards. With legs hair found it hard to stop the hair covering the cuts an then scabby with body hair etc. This is why I'm going to remove my leg hair to help on recovery an a lot better to clean or cover my cuts etc.
I've gone for the waxing and it don't hurt I've gone for thigh height.

Thanks for all the advise though guys

motdoc

by motdoc

Ingrown hairs often due to using razors with too many blades. Buy a razor with only one blade and this should help a lot.