Legs topic

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Carlin

by Carlin

Right guys an girls maybe sensitive topic to some of you but I'm actually thinking of shaving my legs this year.

Few reasons
1. I cut my legs bad last year had issues with ingrown hair
2. It was hard to clean my cuts and the hairs would be hard to clean

So I've got sensitive skin and I rash easy, so does anyone on here suffer with sensitive skin?
What did you do or what's your methods.

I don't see it as smoothness just want to try make sure my legs recover better and I don't have issues like last year as it was hard to keep my cuts clean with leg hair

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Wax.

It lasts 6 or so weeks. Comes out soft and thinner than normal, so it'll neither have razor burn, stubble, nor look bad when it grows out.

It doesn't hurt (you get used to the initial pull, the 1st time you do it, everything after you'll barely notice).
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

nlouthan

by nlouthan

For shaving, I've found the Aveeno shaving cream to help reduce razor burn. I also use a women's razor as it has more lubricant on the blade, but makes the area around the ankle hard to get.

spookyload

by spookyload

Plan B...nut up.

Seriously though, I have a guy a ride with that refuses to admit he shaves. Instead he bought electric beard clippers and just goes that way without a guard. Leaves a little stubble so no ingrown hairs I guess too.

racersir

by racersir

+1 for the electric beard clipper. I too have sensitive skin and that's what I use. You will have a little stubbles but they would be hardly noticeable.

bungis

by bungis

prendrefeu wrote:Wax.

It lasts 6 or so weeks. Comes out soft and thinner than normal, so it'll neither have razor burn, stubble, nor look bad when it grows out.

It doesn't hurt (you get used to the initial pull, the 1st time you do it, everything after you'll barely notice).

Do you have to do any prep work like exfoliating the day before?

Thinking about getting a 1/2 leg wax to save money and pain, then do the thighs myself with a razor because it's easier than the calves and less important.

Buddysnack

by Buddysnack

I shave in a hot bath. Makes for serious clean up, but with the heat I don't get any ingrowns. I tried waxing but it only lasted a few weeks for me. Guess I am hight T.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

KarlC

by KarlC

Anyone tried Lazar Hair removal ? Works for my wife, after several treatments, the hair is gone and she no longer has to shave.

Here is a DIY home kit that gets good review if you have light skin and dark hair

BellaFlash™ Hair Removal System by Silk'n

http://www.costco.com/BellaFlash%E2%84% ... 40051.html
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

"Please Note: Avoid using on naturally dark skin complexions or recently tanned skin."

Welp, that's out the window as my legs get a tanline from January through... next January.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

+1 on the hot bath being the ticket. I like to add low light, candles and a glass of merlot. ;)

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

I shave 1-2 times a week. in the shower, I've found the Dove Shaving Gel for sensitive skin works wonders + a Schick 5 blade razor. Never have 2 much trouble with in growns.

Getting lots of cuts just sounds like you're not very good at shaving tbh. Practice could help with that.

BikeAnon

by BikeAnon

He's not saying he cut his legs while shaving... if I'm reading it correctly, he cut his legs, and was bothered by leg-hair when recovering.

My vote would be to do more work on not-falling-down. Then you probably don't need to worry about shaving.

But... let's be real... you don't have to make excuses... you're a cyclist. it's OK to want to shave the legs. No shame in that (around other cyclists).

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Ah, my bad. Mis-understood the whole cutting thing.

nismosr

by nismosr

racersir wrote:+1 for the electric beard clipper. I too have sensitive skin and that's what I use. You will have a little stubbles but they would be hardly noticeable.

another + on the clipper, it's what I use ..
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2022 Ridley Kanzo Adv Rival/GX AXS-Zipp 303s
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2022 Basso Palta 2-Rival/GX AXS-Zipp 303s
2023 Colnagno G3X-SRAM Force-Levante

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

bungis wrote:
prendrefeu wrote:Wax.

Do you have to do any prep work like exfoliating the day before?

Thinking about getting a 1/2 leg wax to save money and pain, then do the thighs myself with a razor because it's easier than the calves and less important.

Nothing in particular the day before, but in general I make it a practice to scrub my body when I shower (the whole body, legs especially). Not just for helping the hairs that are growing out, but to shed old skin. Use a pair of these, you'll get addicted to the feeling of a good scrub. :thumbup:
And yes, you can get them in black if you're not willing to put on the more feminine colors.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com