Best choice for Powemeter

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

havana

by havana

Horrible TS.

In order to give proper advice we need more info. On how many bikes would you like to use the PM? One sides measuring acceptable? Which head unit do you intend to use? What pedals are you using? Would it be acceptable to switch to Look? Are you able to do the installation yourself? Which groupset do you installed on your bike? How much do you train?
Editor-in-chief CycloWorld.cc - the largest database of gran fondo's and sportives in the world.

Junior7

by Junior7

My choice would be Garmin Vectors.

I did not see anyone complaining, all indicate that use.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TomH

by TomH

I've had my Power2max with Rotor 3D cranks for a while now, flawless power meter, never had any problems. It's simply a fit and forget crank based system with minimal faff. Certainly worth a look.

r_mutt

by r_mutt

i've had 3 Quarq's over the years and have been very satisfied. the early versions weren't great in the rain but they have improved on that.

having said that, the P2M have been getting terrific reviews and i would also consider that.

benzebub

by benzebub

I have 2 Power2max PM's (one Rotor 3D+ and one Rotor 3D24) and both have been good to me. Ridden in fair and bad weather, washed with hose,... so far so good.
But I could be wrong

iliedanila

by iliedanila

cmcdonnell wrote:Power2max of your options, seriously thinking of the type s myself. But if money is no object then surely SRM is the only choice?

Hi.

Consider the fact that you have to send the crank to SRM to change the battery. Which I would find hugely inconvenient if you're not a pro with cranks laying around.
P2M seems like a very sensible choice, but I've seen no information regarding how you upgrade the firmware.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Also realize that the batteries in an SRM are completely sealed from the elements and that they're good for ~1900 hours of use. What is your average speed over the course of a ride? Multiply that by 1900 and divide by how many km/mi you ride a year. How many years do you come up with? Just sayin... That's quite a while between battery changes.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

jimborello

by jimborello

If you are a Campagnolo user you might add the stages powermeter, it is cheap compared to the rest and you wont even notice it is there as the rest of the powermeters

floriansantana

by floriansantana

If you are on SRAM Red 22, then I would take the SRAM Power2Max. Take a SRAM Force 22 or SRAM S900 crankset, use your current chainrings and bottom bracket and you are good to go. Best choice!
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

reknop

by reknop

beanbiken wrote:my choice would be P2M. I have only read positives about them, now only if the were compatible with Shimano 4 arm :(

Steve

Therefore I've purchased a Pioneer SGY-PM910L + Pioneer SGX-CA500. This works perfectly with Shimano 4-arm cranksets and can be extended to a dual side version. It packs tons of features, that I'm exploring one by one. :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://www.cycling-review.net

iliedanila

by iliedanila

Calnago wrote:Also realize that the batteries in an SRM are completely sealed from the elements and that they're good for ~1900 hours of use. What is your average speed over the course of a ride? Multiply that by 1900 and divide by how many km/mi you ride a year. How many years do you come up with? Just sayin... That's quite a while between battery changes.

Dude, it doesn't matter. In the end the battery will run out and you'll be off the bike for at least 2 weeks.
And since all the others are able to make user-friendly designs, why should SRM get away with it?
And it costs a lot of f*cking money!!
Mind you, all the other manufacturers have batteries sealed from the elements...:)

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Dalai

by Dalai

iliedanila wrote: In the end the battery will run out and you'll be off the bike for at least 2 weeks.
Mind you, all the other manufacturers have batteries sealed from the elements...:)

You don't have one of the following?

1. More than one bike
2. 2nd set of standard cranks to swap out for the two weeks?

Never been off the bike due to a battery swap as I have both of the above.

Yes, no water ingress issues reported with other PM's... :roll:

junchen

by junchen

reknop wrote:
beanbiken wrote:my choice would be P2M. I have only read positives about them, now only if the were compatible with Shimano 4 arm :(

Steve

Therefore I've purchased a Pioneer SGY-PM910L + Pioneer SGX-CA500. This works perfectly with Shimano 4-arm cranksets and can be extended to a dual side version. It packs tons of features, that I'm exploring one by one. :)

Do update on how the pioneer pm is working so far.. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

ahinshar

by ahinshar

Garmin vector is good option for you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

Junior7 wrote:My choice would be Garmin Vectors.

I did not see anyone complaining, all indicate that use.

Except Team Garmin and Dan Martin.