Stages G2 power meters

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

jmaccyd

by jmaccyd

Better water sealing on the Gen2 and a smaller, slimmer casing for the Stages power unit so less problems with frame compatibility.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

portiabaines

by portiabaines

I had a XTR 985 Stages G1 power meter which basically didn't work if the weather forecast said it would rain. I went through 3 of them until it was replaced with a G2 version.

Same problem with the G2 version with it not liking rain, just takes a couple of weeks longer for the fault to happen.

It's never used for serious MTB riding, just riding to/from work. My bike is stored in a bike shed whilst I'm at work and in house whilst I'm at home.

The same bike has XTR Di2 gears (which just work all the time), cheap ebay special LED lights (which just work all the time) and Garmin 500 cycle computer (which just works all the time).

I also have another Stages unit from my timetrial bike which I need to send back sometime.

I think it's safe to say it's the biggest waste of money ever.
Regards

Portia Baines

kjim64

by kjim64

Did they ever fix the water dealing problem?

mzlewis

by mzlewis

I've got one and swap it between road and mtb and I've ridden it through some wet weather lately and it's been fine. I do keep the bikes indoors though. In a very warm room too. That seems to help from reading the above posts.

Matt