Tacx turbo trainer. Bit wobbly?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

jmaccyd

by jmaccyd

My Tacx turbo trainer doesn't seem to hold my bike in securely. There seems to be a bit of 'play' I use the Tacx skewer, everything appears clamped in correctly with a turbo training (Tacx as well) tyre on the wheel. The turbo training wheel I use is solid and I put the front in a proper support. Don't feel completely secure if trying big sprints or getting out of the saddle. Just wondered if I need to dial in more pressure on the tyre with the actual turbo unit I do get some tyre slip when starting out on big gear sprints. I seemed to remember reading somewhere that the Tacx turbos don't lock you in solid like I thought they would. Any suggestions, or is this just a generic feel to these turbos.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sjoerd

by Sjoerd

I was wondering the same thing after seeing a promotional video for Tacx which featured Adam Hansen. His bike looked rock solid in the Tacx trainer, but my Booster has the same (small) wobble. My Sirius Soft Gel had it too btw. Interested in the feedback from others.

sanrensho

by sanrensho

My Bushido Smart is definitely more wobbly than my KK Road Machine. It accentuated by the erg control, when you're force to get out of the saddle on a short/sharp hill.