Training resources

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Totti

by Totti

Hey guys,

I want to combine powerlifting and cycling. So what are the best resources such as books or website about that? Thanks

jamesbass

by jamesbass

Totti wrote:I want to combine powerlifting and cycling.

You might struggle. They both create adaptations in the body which run counter to each other. The one exception is if you are trying to become a fast track sprinter and do a lot of standing starts. If your events last over ~3 min they will be predominantly aerobic and it can be harder to get gains in this area if simultaneously trying to build muscle etc. For example, mitochondrial dilution, power to weight decrease, inflammation, etc

I know of no resources but perhaps a good track cycling coach will be able to help you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prebsy

by prebsy

That's definitely going to be tough. I tried to mix heavy olympic lifts with normal training a couple years ago. My sprint #'s went bananas but I needed so long to recover from the gym sessions it hurt my overall ability to train for road racing.

TheKaiser

by TheKaiser

Someone on this forum, I think KWalker, has a lot of experience with both lifting and cycling training, corresponding weight loss and gain, etc... Hopefully he will chime in.