iOS app for indoor trainer intervals

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Hi guys,
Does anybody have a good recommendation for a good app for visualizing power data during intervals? Kind of like trainer road or Golden Cheetah's Train mode, but on a mobile device? I know trainer road has an app, but I can't bring myself to pay $12/month for an offline app. I was using zwift for awhile, which can help break the monotony, but I feel kind of silly lugging a laptop and the charger out to do a workout.

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

I am not aware of anything of the top of my head, what power reading source are you using?

Though I would also question why something needs to be "visualised" beyond having actual power readings?
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

michaelten

by michaelten

Imobileintervals may be what you are looking for. Controls the kickr and shows upcoming interval and power readings etc.

glepore

by glepore

What trainer or powermeter are you using? Wahoo's basic app is good if you have a bluetooth device or an ant dongle for your Iphone, plus its free.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

jorisee01

by jorisee01

Virtual Training from cycleops Is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eightace

by eightace

Trainerroad is what I use and it is very good.

by 11.4

It's pretty simple but Tabata does classic Tabata intervals and not much else. If you want to do interval workouts, you can program anything you want there. Beyond that, there's the suite of software products for iPhone from Wahoo, plus one can program a tough repetitive course in Strava and work to beat it, whether on the trainer or on rollers or on the road.

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Cycleops looks pretty close to what I'm looking for, I'll definitely check it out.
For those that suggested wahoo, i can't find an interval mode on their app at all. I see that there's a standalone segments app for $30, but it appears to be iPad only, and it's not clear that you can do just arbitrary intervals.

jorisee01

by jorisee01

I only use the wahoo fitness app for ride recording. It can't do intervals.

Cycleops also does have quite some cool videos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

jorisee01 wrote:...It can't do intervals...

I do intervals just fine with the Wahoo app, what do you mean? :noidea:
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."

glepore

by glepore

Wahoo doesn't allow you to create "alerts" for intervals, but you can create a lap page, so if you know the time of each effort/rest (duh) you just hit the lap "button".
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

Is mental arithmetic that hard? If I start the 4min interval at the 20:00 mark... Geez what time do I stop?? Rest is 1:30, getting complicated now. Seriously people.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com