Peaking for 2 separate events and losing and gaining form

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

mambo
in the industry

by mambo

Hi Guys,

I've looked around on the internet but can't really find anything specific. I peaked for an event that took place last weekend (31st May). I got it just right. I am in peak condition but know that is likely to last for 6 or 7 weeks. However, I want to peak again for an event on the 6th of September. I need some info on how to lose my form now to then regain it in time for September. What I am thinking is along the lines of taking a week completely off the bike from now starting today 5th of June through to the 12th of June inclusive. Then doing steady rides in Zones 1, 2, and 3 (my max pulse is 201 so Zone 3 would be around 160) for the rest of June. Then the idea would be to start intervals/intensive training in July through to the end of August. My theory/hope is that I will lose just enough form to be able to regain it reasonably quickly but these next 3 weeks will help me recharge the legs a bit. Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful.
Owner Cicli Schiavona - hand made, custom Italian carbon frames at prices you won't believe!

www.ciclischiavona.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cicli-Sc ... 8745538716

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

a) reduce intensity
b) reduce volume
c) take a break
d) all of the above

im not a coach, nor sports science nerd, but it seems to me you are on the right track from a high level. i try to do something similar. Although im nor sure if 'peak' condition lasts for 6 or 7 weeks... for me, i get like 1-3 weeks and then, i gotta like chill and de-train.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mambo
in the industry

by mambo

Thanks
Owner Cicli Schiavona - hand made, custom Italian carbon frames at prices you won't believe!

www.ciclischiavona.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cicli-Sc ... 8745538716

boots2000

by boots2000

How old are you and what is your weekly volume?
A week off is great for someone who is young enough to bounce back.
It can be terrible for someone in their 40's or older.