Kickr and Campy rear derailleur

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

random101

by random101

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a fix or other users that have the issue of rear derailleur touching the protective cover when in the tallest gear in the back?

Also where is the best place to discuss Kickr stuff?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

i've never used the largest cog in the rear...no reason to. i have a Shimano 11-spd cassette with my Campy equipped IndyFab on it. i use a narrow range of gears in ERG mode.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Mine gets really really close.. I figure you can remove the cover if you must or cut the offending portion off
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

Dodger747

by Dodger747

I never use the biggest cog at the back, with the Kickr I don't really see the point in using gears at all...

As for the best place, probably over a Slowtwitch - some interesting discussion about power drift in 'newer' models of the Kickr.
VO2 Max - 79 ml/kg/min
W/kg - 4.9

boysa

by boysa

I've always used mine in Erg mode, so never shifted once. Since I was confined to the machine for two New England winters, I would simply change the cog I was using every few weeks or so, just to even out the wear pattern; i.e., 53-12 for several weeks, then 53-13 for a few weeks, etc.

As for the drift, I never paid much attention to the Kickr's data since I went off my Quarq. This usually meant I'd adjust up or down as the machine warmed up based on what my pm told me. Problem, if there ever was one, solved. But, of course I understand people are using different programs and such where this could be an issue. YMMV.

Now I'm in Hawaii and my Kickr is in the corner collecting dust...
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

kode54

by kode54

boysa wrote:I've always used mine in Erg mode, so never shifted once. Since I was confined to the machine for two New England winters, I would simply change the cog I was using every few weeks or so, just to even out the wear pattern; i.e., 53-12 for several weeks, then 53-13 for a few weeks, etc.

As for the drift, I never paid much attention to the Kickr's data since I went off my Quarq. This usually meant I'd adjust up or down as the machine warmed up based on what my pm told me. Problem, if there ever was one, solved. But, of course I understand people are using different programs and such where this could be an issue. YMMV.

Now I'm in Hawaii and my Kickr is in the corner collecting dust...

now that's a drastic move....from the freezer to the hot pot! i did that move over 25 years ago myself...and sold all my winter gear...but ended up moving back. biking wasn't all that big then, but i suppose things have changed since.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com