Training and Work

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

dbecks7

by dbecks7

So i have been training fairly hard for the past month after being out of the sport for a while and have been making very good gains in strength and endurance. The thing is though I have a weird schedule where I work on ships for 28 days at a time and have 28 days off. My question is how do I go about my training and losing as little fitness as possible during my month of work which I have no access to a bike/trainer etc.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thechemist

by thechemist

Man, that is a tough one. Personally, I would work on weights/core workouts and flexibility. Run on the top deck on in place for some cardio.

Just a random internet opinion

AGW

by AGW

Is there no possibility of bringing your bike + trainer on the ship (too small, other restrictions?)?

istigatrice

by istigatrice

thechemist wrote:Personally, I would work on weights/core workouts and flexibility. Run on the top deck on in place for some cardio

I would do that too.

Are you able to go for swims? Swimming should also give you a good workout. If you can get your swimming, running and cycling to link up you should take up triathlon :lol:
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)