nerve pain medial to the ischial tuberosity ?????

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

motorthings

by motorthings

I was misdiagnosed with proximal hamstring tendonosis in jan 2013, and after many PRP treatments and much PT, and over a year off the bike without change in symptoms, I got a second opinion.

Basically what happened was a dull aching pain when i sat at work, but not on the bike. Then it got bad enough to feel on the bike. Since the treatments I was still feeling the pain, and a buzzing sensation in the same area when I would lie down to sleep at night.

The second opinion is neuropathy, nerve compression, or something similar related to the Adductor Magnus and/or Obdurator Internus. The doc found no tenderness at the proximal hamstring tendon, but did a stretch test that was able to reproduce the pain, more medial to the tuberosity than the hamstring. The doc prescribed message, and I am due for a nerve test in a couple of weeks, and she also started me on Neurontin to reboot my nerve signals. The massage was pretty crazy...google Obdurator Internur images, and you'll understand. Hopefully we'll have a treatment plan soon and i can get back on the bike (it has been a sad sad year without the bike and the company of my riding buddies).

I am excited to have a diagnosis that makes more sense, but am curious if anyone else has had an issue like this. The only other thing i have found in research is a condition that makes the naughty bits numb (which is def not an issue for me).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

drmutley

by drmutley

Had an MRI?

motorthings

by motorthings

Yes, in Jan 2013, only showed mild enthesopathic edema at the ischial tuberosity. No injury or other problems identified.

surplus2

by surplus2

Hi. Did you manage to find a solution to your problem? I'm experiencing pain medial to the ischial tuberosity. At it's worst when I sit down and it's driving me crazy. Taking cortisone orally in case of tendinosis, but i don't really think that's the cause. Started during one of my 50 miles + rides almost two years ago, never to dissappear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

surplus2

by surplus2

motorthings

by motorthings

600mg neurontin nightly worked great for a few months, but pain has started to come back. Trigger shots and maybe botox in the piriformis and or obdurator internus are next. Tried cortisone in the ischial bursa with only temporary relief.

surplus2

by surplus2

Did the nerve test come through normal. Suspecting a nerve related issue myself, but it's a struggle to get the 'expertice' looking in that direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

motorthings

by motorthings

Nerve yes was close to normal, so that was a good sign.