Training the Brain PtII

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

Another interesting article about the effect of mental fatigue on endurance exercise:- http://m.runnersworld.com/sports-psycho ... -race-pace
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

TheKaiser

by TheKaiser

Not getting a lot of action in this thread Tapeworm, not sure why.

I just want to say thanks for posting this stuff because, I, for one, find it fascinating!

If you come across any data regarding specific brainwave patterns associated with top athletic performance, please let me know. I am particularly interested in the patterns made by high performers compared to the general populace, preferably while actually competing instead of baseline levels, although that info would be welcome too.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

^ I know, I find it very interesting, especially for coaching purposes (myself and others).

Here's another article on the matter:- http://m.theglobeandmail.com/life/healt ... ice=mobile
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

Kraaf

by Kraaf

Thanks, great read (the previous one, too)
I love you guys. Seriously.

dvincere

by dvincere

Very interesting reads. I tend to meditate after cycling, eating, and stretching because it's easy to use that as my trigger for the habit. I never expected my meditation could benefit from the exercise (although I often refer to base miles as meditative periods).