best sore "muscle rub"??

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

cyclemanpat

by cyclemanpat

trying to keep in shape over the winter and the cold has made my leg muscles sore after rides............what do you guys believe is the best muscle rub to ease muscle pain??

Tippster

by Tippster

Could the "muscle pain" be your body feeding back to you that you are over training?
"Ride it like you've just stolen it!"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Clarkster

by Clarkster

I use this stuff, and love it; http://www.antiflamme.co.nz/

You could try getting a weekly massage from a sports therapist. Some weeks my legs are toasted, and not only does a good massage free them up, sometimes the therapist finds potential injuries in the muscles before they become inflamed and chronic.
Bike + Clarky = :)

I love Krank

cyclemanpat

by cyclemanpat

no, my pain isn't serious.......just the usual sore upper legs from much climbing in the winter(being not in great shape). I was just wondering if a good muscle rub, not BenGay or stuff like that, exists. Something that really works............... special stuff you guys might use.

nikh

by nikh

In the past I have used a muscle rub that I bought at Sports Chalet. Not sure of the name but it comes in a white container (just like a roll-on deodorant) with red writing. Worked wonders on me.
PLAY DARTS! *WARNING* MUST HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR TO PLAY!!!

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

Pat, Get one of these, it will become your best friend.

http://www.thestick.net/

If you are having trouble finding one, PM me and I'll hook you up. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

cyclemanpat

by cyclemanpat

Dan............so it works pretty good on sore muscles? Sweet, I will give it a try!!! Thanks

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

yeah, it works really well on muscle knots etc. A lot of times sore muscles are caused by left over lactic acid that isn't fluched out of the muscles. The stick, just like a traditional massage helps to remove this LA waste. You can also try sitting in an ice bath after hard efforts to flush your body with new oxegenated blood and speed in recovery. Good luck!

flying

by flying

Try this stuff called Traumeel by Heel company.
I am really shocked at how well it works. Because it is not like a bengay type of thing.
You rub it in you feel nothing happen. Then in about 15 minutes to 30 minutes you notice............hey not sore now ;)
Pretty amazing stuff for me.
It comes in gel which rubs right in or ointment which is better if you can have your wife or someone massage it in. The ointment like lotion has some slide to it. The gel does not.
In either case though it seems to work really well. I have heard it also cures saddle sores real quick too. But I dont get those.

Herbert

by Herbert

Sixtus a company from Germany not only makes one of the best warm up oils but they also have various post cycling oils. Plus their chamoix cremes is loved worldwide.
I only use the warmup oil though.
:-)
Herbert

iubike

by iubike

One more for the stick, great tool.

K

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com