Wahoo Kickr won't register speed properly - anyone help?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

yes.. use the wahoo utility first to test the sensors..

but do you have the ant+ dongle for your phone or iPad.... not sure if they came with the newer connection thingy yet... maybe still using 30pin
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

by 11.4

Horacio wrote:Am I suppose to be able to use my Garmin HR monitor and built in Giant Ant+ cadence sensor with the Wahoo app?

Not on its own. You have to either be completely bluetooth 4.0 or you have to "convert" your phone or iPad to accept Ant+ with one of the various Ant+ adapters (the Wahoo dongle, a Garmin one, etc.). This applies whether you are just using the Wahoo Fitness app or are going to use iMobileIntervals (which is a very cool way to manage interval workouts in this app).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Volkergrimm

by Volkergrimm

Where is that optical sensor and how does one get to it? Looks like I have a similar issue.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

The optical sensor is located on the none drive side.. near the skewer and chain stay....right under the oblong plastic cover on the top.. which some are held on by screw and other are clipped in (depends on how old the unit it)

but what issue are you having.. thread is dated so I am not sure what issue you are experiencing.. if it's starting out normal then gets really hard to pedal.. then maybe could be the optical sensor... or a deeper issue. The optical sensor is totally user replaceable..
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

addicted

by addicted

Has anyone has issues with the power numbers jumping up and down non-stop?
My unit worked great for almost a year, then I started getting power fluctuations of about 10-115 watts while riding, non-stop, just bounced up and down. Then about 30 minutes into the ride it would suddenly spike the resistance to about 500 watts...
So they sent me a new sensor. Did the spindown with the wahoo app, and it seemed to work well the first couple of rides, but third ride, the power is jumping even worse than before. The erg workout says I should be at 130 watts, yet it is bouncing me between 130 and 170 watts non-stop, up and down really fast, and it actually feels like it is making me push over 300 watts. Did another spindown, didn't help...
I have another call into them, hoping they'll replace the entire unit now... :(

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

My first one did that when it was around a month old.. They said the issue was deep in the main flywheel and was not user reparable.. My replacement had been good for nearly a year
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

addicted

by addicted

What software was it you guys used to manually adjust slope (or 'dop'??)?
I have my replacement unit, and it initially gave me a spindown of 1300+.
They sent me the calibration kit, and now it is about 425. But even at that, it seems to give wattages about 10% higher than my P2M..

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

They are not giving that software out to users anymore... I tried and they said no more.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault