Golden Cheetah train mode

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

jekyll man

by jekyll man

I'm using GC v3 with my powertap when on the turbo, in train mode using a garmin usb dongle.
Its having no problems communicating, but i'm getting some huge power spikes that don't show up if i use my edge 500 alongside.

Is there some sort of calibrate function, and is there a way of removing the speed functions off the graph/ display??

Cheers
Official cafe stop tester

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

An old thread I know, but I can't find answers in GC or the related groups.

Similar problem. Power spikes coming off the SRM that show in Train mode, but not on my Edge 500. The spikes may be real, but normally smoothed by the averaging. The problem is that it throws all the threshold curves off to have sets of erroneous data, and it is too painful to correct by hand.

Any solution?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jekyll man

by jekyll man

I never solved it (well i did actually, i bought a p2m).
For whatever reasons the powertap used to throw huge power spikes and i'm guessing here, because it thought i was chucking out a few gigawatts, it would correct speed etc to match that.
I changed to a brand new laptop, so it wasn't like it was struggling to run GC.

Even after going to a G3 hub, the problems remained, with or without a speed/cadence sensor.

The P2m performs flawlessly on GC, no spikes, or dropouts, so i can only assume its something thats missing in the programme. In fact the only problem i had was a decathlon sensor that was duff out of the box, causing problems. Binned that, and it works fine.

You could always edit the file to find anything above x watts, if you looked to see what you were doing before it spiked. Should only take a few mins per workout, but a bit of a pain nonetheless.
Official cafe stop tester

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

Thanks.

I can continue to just use the 500 for the workout, but there is something cool about the on-screen display. Maybe I ail just delete each ride afterwards and replace it with the downloaded Garmin file.