Getting regular. Let's talk about shitting. Number 2s.

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

addictR1

by addictR1

usually coffee in the morning will do it for me. but after a while later, my body became immune to it. so now i just take a glass of Amazing Grass - Green Super Food after dinner and the following morning on empty stomach, drink a big glass of warm water (down it).. within 5mins or less.. i'm ready to unload and out the door. now that's a fast way of losing 1-2 lbs :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

This is the only element of my cycling ability that is truly at the pro level. I produce a "basket of brown babies arms" every morning and often I go back for seconds before I head out. Early to bed, early rise, and a good breakfast with coffee is my recipe. Go to get the bikes ready and boom! Eyes glaze over, rippling peristalsis, light cramping, and a hobbling sprint to the head. I am big, have a fast metabolism, and eat way too much. Thinking of having a seat belt and hand grips installed on my toilet.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

That last sentence :lol:

Too funny :lol:

boots2000

by boots2000

Upon waking I go right to the toilet and squeeze one out. Also another after breakfast.
Try an herbal tea at night like smooth move?
Try the squatty potty (google it).

Rick

by Rick

The actor, Jeff Daniels, frequently likes to include informative health information and "how to" guides artfully intermixed with his comedy roles:

xrs2

by xrs2

It's annoying to not be able to crap before taking a ride. My problem is that I am exceedingly regular...the only issue is that the baby arrives at exactly 10 am every morning. If I'm out for a long ride that means I nearly always had to go 3-4 hours after the start in some remote area without facilities.

For me, the issue is usually solved by eating much earlier than usual, say 6:30 pm instead of 9 or 10 pm.

...and I always carry toilet paper just in case.

sorin

by sorin

drink lots of water -about 4/5 -8oz glasses as soon as you wake up and do about 15-20 jumps -on your both feet just jump :D . the water- if you not used drinking lots of waterer at once reduce the amount to 3glasses.this 2 methods will get the results within half an hour 8)

kac

by kac

A topic of dire importance, especially if you're out for a group ride, a century or some such with limited access to discrete (and comfortable and aesthetically pleasing) facilities. An old limerick comes to mind:
In days of old
When knights were bold
and toilets un-invented;
They laid their load
Upon the road
and walked away contented.

As for me, I try to delay riding until mid-morning or later in the afternoon. Reading The New York Times followed by an astringent dose of "Democracy Now!" does it for me every time!

KAC

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

A minor update, since I started this thread:

I've now managed to maintain a consistency without those aforementioned random days, and it's due in part to some of the suggestions here. The 'staying upright' and doing a lot of walking about the house does help as I'm prepping for the morning's ride. A little coffee helps guarantee movement, and I'm set.

Thanks for the insights and suggestions, everyone, into what helps you. Hopefully this thread has helped others as well.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Increasing some 'good oils' (which I thought I was quite good with, but a little food diary proved otherwise) has helped.

Olive oil, salmon, some nuts, etc - all has helped.

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

Fruit n nuts, specially almonds and spinach.
I can knock out two quality porcelain sittings in an hour.

In fact, this message is being typed whilst getting rid of last nights dinner
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

DCnoJ

by DCnoJ

Don't know if this would help or was mentioned earlier but I know a lot of athletes swear by the squatty potty.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Get a dog. You'll HAVE to walk the little bugger before you start your day and it will help get things moving.

So true! My dog has me up at the same time every morning and out for a brisk walk around the block. She is a true inspiration -goes in the same spot every morning without fail. Add in an espresso when we get home and it's go time.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

DCnoJ wrote:Don't know if this would help or was mentioned earlier but I know a lot of athletes swear by the squatty potty.

I haven't ordered one just yet (I would like them to develop a 'travel' version), but I have been using a similar set up via a small piece of furniture that wasn't being used and has just the right amount of height and width... and it really, really works well.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Illuminate

by Illuminate

Hi prendrefeu,

I'd suggest two teaspoons of metamucil along with your breakfast or morning tea taken daily. This will help bulk up your stool which will help your body to push it through your bowel (gives the body something to push against with peristaltic contractions) and out a little easier. Due to the nature of psyllium husk, it will also act as a lubricant which will aid passing on demand. An added bonus is that you end up using slightly less dunny paper (good for the environment and your wallet).

All the best,

Illuminate.