Trainer Road - 20 Minute Power Accelerator Training Plan

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

viney

by viney

Hi,

I have recently signed-up to the Trainer Road web-based training site and have started the above training plan, which can be viewed by copying this link to your browser http://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/plans/97

Wondered if anyone else has used this and what they thought of it and if it returned any significant gains on their FTP score?

Any comments or other advice would be welcomed.

Cheers

mentok

by mentok

that link is pay-walled :(

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

viney

by viney

Think you should be able to into http://www.trainerroad.com/ and then look into their training plans.

rockdude

by rockdude

Not enough Training even in the Advance Plans to make a competitive racer better. Might be great for the untrained or new to cycling. My recovery weeks are bigger than there average weeks.
2 Serotta's, 1 Spectrum, 1 Van Dessel, 1 Parlee & 1 Carl Strong, & 1 Titus.

viney

by viney

Just to make it clear; i'm mixing the trainer road turbo sessions in with the road sessions and am up to about 13 to 15 hours a week depending.....

My thoughts on this trainer road power programme, is there doesn't seem to be enough time at FTP / SST, where it only gives you weekly about 40-45 mins at FTP & about 10-20 mins at SST.

I was thinking that I should spend about 60-90 mins at FTP & about 90-120 mins at SST, maybe that's far too much though?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rockdude

by rockdude

As a general rule 10-20% of your training should be near or above your FTP when you are in your build or race parts of your yearly plan.
2 Serotta's, 1 Spectrum, 1 Van Dessel, 1 Parlee & 1 Carl Strong, & 1 Titus.