Advice for 25 km TT

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Enda Marron

by Enda Marron

Just to continue/hijack this thread....
I have always dabbled with TT's, this year I took things a little more seriously and trained to a structured plan - mainly for the Giro delle Dolomiti (a 6 day stage race/sportive in the Dolomites). Part of my training was participation in a local triathletes TT league of a reasonably high standard and reputation. I did well and was usually in the top three against younger and top end triathletes. Following my return from the Dolomites, I was persuaded by a clubmate to enter the National veterans TT championships (40kM on a hilly course). I did this and finished 12th, but more significantly I broke the hour (59:25) in testing/windy conditions in my first "proper" TT (bike conformed tpo UCI regulations).
Now the questions - I appear to have some TT ability, what winter training should I do to improve, what else (training sessions, kit etc) should I do to take some time off this and possibly go faster next season
Thanks

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

Are you sure that your fit is the best for creating power? Are you using a power meter? For me I find long hard intervals on the tt bike help. Ride your tt bike at least twice a week so its very comfortable to you.
RESIDENT GRUMPY OLD MAN.

by Weenie

Enda Marron

by Enda Marron

Thanks for the reply
I do not have a powermeter but it has moved to the top of my wish list and I dare say it might even go onto the credit card!
Until then any advice for power boosting training sessions