Cross training and Time

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Petacchi

by Petacchi

I have been cross training to max while trying to get in shape for the upcoming season. I have been averaging 12 to 14 hours on the bike for the past 4 or 5 weeks. During this time I have also been training with tri athletes and have been doing about 3 or 4 hours a week swimming, some running, and I lift 6 days a week. Its actually become a part time job but I am feeling more comfortable on my bike more then ever actually. Does anyone else cross train I know its much more of an early off season thing to do but I feel that it just helps your overall perfromance. First race is Feb. 28th and my NCCA season kicks off March 5th and runs through the first week of May. Also I dont need to cut weight my inseason form is aproximately 144 lbs and I am 6'2". Yes you read that ride right. So I need all the muscle I can get.
Fighting Blue Hens

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bruiser

by Bruiser

Your week wounds pretty full, don't overtrain yourself, I put on the max muscle when I was attending the gym only a few times a week and resting my muscles on the other days.

I cross train by running on the beach and I find my legs are getting stronger than when I was doing weights.

I went on a fitness drive after Xmas and I have increased my metobolism. I suspect this is because I have put some muscle on and I am ubrining more energy, however I am loosing fat quickly.

Can cyclists have too little body fat?

Brian

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!