What Specialized BG insoles size to order for a 46 Sidi?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Velofreak

by Velofreak

Hello there!!

I own a pair of Sidi road shoes, model is Five, they are size 46. I'm going to order a Specialized BG insoles (or footbeds), the blue ones (middle size arch support). I´d like to know if there will be any issues with sizing between these two brands. I'm going to order insoles in size 45-46, but I'd like to be 100% so I don't have to return them just because of sizing issues. Thank you so much in advance.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

poully

by poully

Can't help on size specifically but just from personal experience be careful if your Sidi's are already a snug fit. I bought BG insoles for use in Northwaves and because of the thickness of the BG insole, the shoes were then too tight and I finished up buying a new pair of shoes too :oops: Sidi's are thin insoles so just be mindful of this extra thickness.

grid256

by grid256

What poully said about thickness. With that in mind, my size 46 Sidis are not tight and my size 45 Specialized insoles fit nicely.

drmutley

by drmutley

U will be fine... Slip the pissy blue sidi insoles out if the fit is too tight... Personally, I run them ontop of the sidi insoles for increased comfort. I'm a 46 Sidi and use the 45-46 BG greens

Velofreak

by Velofreak

thanks a lot for your replies. I ordered them in cyclestore.uk, but they just keep delaying the stock of this item, so I just ordered them in another shop and i will have them with me soon!!

drmutley

by drmutley

Velofreak wrote:thanks a lot for your replies. I ordered them in cyclestore.uk, but they just keep delaying the stock of this item, so I just ordered them in another shop and i will have them with me soon!!

write a quick review here of what u think of them when uv tested them..,

Liggero

by Liggero

I´m waiting for the same insoles. Hope to get them next week. Many on-line shops sell these insoles, but the demand is now high or they just don't have enough stock in my size, also because they have a new ones for 2013, which are slightly cheaper but they don't bring the inner wedges. I wouldn't recommend these wedges, as they reduce inner space for the feet. I use wedges between speedplay cleats and the cleat.

I´m not sure which model I will receive, if 2012 or 2013. I´ll post updates.
Happy Trails !!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com