Trainers

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

tiquitain

by tiquitain

What about Elite Realaxiom?? Is that noisier than Cycleops fluid 2?
Last edited by tiquitain on Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

Ordered a Kurt Kinetic, excited to give it a try after all the good reviews! At what point does the high resistance pro flywheel become needed? I'm a pretty small guy but I put out alot of power :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ajmit3

by ajmit3

My 2 cents is that the fulid 2, is really good. I'd never buy a trainer new because there is a huge number of people using them a couple of times and never again .. Got mine for $120 aud basically unused.

Snicks

by Snicks

@tommyB

http://pelotoncafe.com.au/shane-miller- ... ot-review/

^not your best blog, but an interesting take...

mvogt46

by mvogt46

@tinea what sort of watts will the Lemond let you put out? My understanding is that the Kurt Kinetic is good for up to 3000?? Not that I can put out that much, but I want to use it for some sprint training also

equinox

by equinox

Another vote for Kurt Kinetic. I have the fluid model which is supposed to be more quiet in general. I still find it kind of loud.

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

shoopdawoop wrote:Ordered a Kurt Kinetic, excited to give it a try after all the good reviews! At what point does the high resistance pro flywheel become needed? I'm a pretty small guy but I put out alot of power :thumbup:

Are you talking about the resistance unit with the extra removable flywheel?

I have that KK unit and its main function is not extra resistance, but smoother operation for longer steady-state work. Yes, you have more initial resistance at spin-up, but once the heavy flywheel is going it overcomes some of the in-stroke slow down from the fluid. It feels odd at higher power.
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC