what do you use for a recovery food or muscle build food ?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

devinci

by devinci

well, it depends on what you're into. But Ovaltine contains some crappy stuff last time I cheked the label from the container I have here.

drhule23

by drhule23

You really don't need Ovaltine. Just by standard 2% chocolate milk at your grocery.
Or, if you want something portable, get some Horizon Dairy organic chocolate milk
http://www.horizondairy.com/products/milk-boxes/lowfat-chocolate-milk-box/
You can buy these in cases at Whole Foods.
The more you suffer, the closer you get to transcendence.
It's not the mountain you're climbing, it's yourself. If you don't want to know, stay at the bottom.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

There is no lactose-free Chocolate Milk, for those of us who are lactose intolerant.
One could, if resources & patience are available, make home-made lactose free chocolate milk using the enzyme...

But, off the shelf? Chocolate (not malt) Ovaltine in Lactose Free Milk (your choice of brand/supply) works fine.

Some say it tastes bad, others say it tastes great. To each their own.
(The same could be said for the taste of a lover, no? :lol: )
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

trychle

by trychle

Put nuts, milk and a banana in a blender and add some Nesquick if you really are out of fuel. :beerchug:

KWalker

by KWalker

Many processed whey and casein proteins have the lactase molecule removed during processing. I forget which ones, by I think that the hydrosolation process removes a lot of it.

I still use casein hydrosolate with rice oglidextrin and rice puff cereal. Works well. Not all sugars are equal so I stay away from fructose and I order my protein bulk from proteinfactory and add in MCT powder and leucine. In a pinch I still do organic chocolate milk so that its not filled with dextrose or HFCS.

I've found better recovery using this method and 0 bloating when I need to intake a lot of carbs.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

dmp

by dmp

[quote="prendrefeu"]There is no lactose-free Chocolate Milk, for those of us who are lactose intolerant./quote]

We have it here in Denver- King Soopers supermarkets carry it (same chain as City Market and I think Kroger)

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Lucky. :evil:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

dmp

by dmp

I'd bring you a half gallon when I come to LA but TSA will only allow 3.5oz of liquids in my carry on! :lol:

Have you tried Ralph's? They are part of the Kroger chain and might have it (private label).