what do you use for a recovery food or muscle build food ?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

CerveloBert

by CerveloBert

If you're using any exact or relative tool to measure your exertion (RPE, Power Meter, Heart-Rate Meter), you will have no problems seeing that you are indeed getting better every week. Like the above post says - nothing ever gets easier, for me just because I got stronger didn't mean that riding at 20 MPH felt drastically different in relation to my RPE. I did however find myself being able to push higher watts more consistently, and feeling better at the end of a ride.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

adrien de la touche

by adrien de la touche

A nice cup o' tea immediately after the workout, then after my shower, a large quantity of chicken!

nfecyle

by nfecyle

I used to drink endurox, but the i realized it was too expensive to drink everyday. It doesn't mix with water well enough and doesn't taste as good as chocolate milk. Now, it is a cup of skim milk + 3 tablespoon of Hersey chocolate syrup until the real meal is ready.

backflat

by backflat

i don't feel very good for my first 30 minutes on bike.
and always need a longer warm up than most before i can ride my best.

i also added electrolytes and more rest to my weekly routine .

i need to take into account everyone else is riding well - better .
since around tour day france time..
so many cyclist are riding very good after watching and getting more motivated .

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

nfecyle wrote:I used to drink endurox, but the i realized it was too expensive to drink everyday. It doesn't mix with water well enough and doesn't taste as good as chocolate milk. Now, it is a cup of skim milk + 3 tablespoon of Hersey chocolate syrup until the real meal is ready.

Nice.
Mind if I add a suggestion?
Replace the Hershey's syrup (and all its non-beneficial ingredients) with chocolate Ovaltine instead.
You'll get the chocolate milk effect + a load of vitamins and nutrients.
...and it mixes better. :mrgreen:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

monkeyburger

by monkeyburger

130km...
2500m of climbing...
...and this at the end of it.

IMG_3980.JPG

Rice with toasted cashew/almond mixture, soy sauce and sea salt
Scrambled eggs (2) with chives
Bitter melon with garlic (left over)
A handful of Basil leaves on top, grated Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil over the lot.

Then a nice big slice of papaya.

I usually have some variation of this with the components dependent on what's in the fridge and ready in the garden.

That holds me for a couple of hours, then I have a small bowl of oatmeal with banana.

For days of less work, just a chocolate milk and PB/banana toast, or a mung bean shake with almonds.

AND LOTS OF WATER.

monkeyburger
...finding my inner Onoda-kun...

RippedUp

by RippedUp

Big bowl of natural oatmeal soaked in water overnight mixed with:

- a quality protein blend (whey+micellar casein+egg albumen)
- honey or Manuka honey
- goji berries
- some Maca
- crushed almonds or walnuts

:beerchug:

devinci

by devinci

@Prendrefeu

but chocolate ovaltine tastes like shit :noidea:

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Replace Hersey chocolate syrup with 100% cocoa + sugar and warm it up a little.

Ovaline sucks and is bad for you,
Nestle Quick is bad for you,
Hershey chocolate syrup is also bad
so
the obvious choice if you are a chocolate connoisseur you would add 100% cocoa.
or
just drink the milk plain.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

devinci

by devinci

+1 for warming a bit of cocoa powder with some sugar, its tastes awesome!

but its quite expensive in the long run. A huge can of nestle quick runs for 10$. Yet its still probably bad and filled with chemical agents, etc.

ffemoeller

by ffemoeller

I've found that a spoonful of sugar and a dash of vanilla is a nice alternative to chocolate syrups.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

I have milk with almost cocoa every morning. A can of Hershey cocoa powder costs 3.69$ here. It's just cocoa and nothing else. That can is a 16 oz. can and lasts me a few months. Skim milk here costs 1.99$ a gallon (4 liters).
Alternatively you can add 100% pure honey or 100% maple syrup to the milk and fore-go the sugar again warmed.
Maple syrup is more expensive than honey and honey is more expensive than cocoa depending on which brand you buy.
But just buy the cheapest brand where the ingredients are either cocoa, honey or maple.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

artray

by artray

I like to have 4 pina coladas a bucket of KFC and a bag of haribos starmix followed by some pure opium and a twix. After my ride I have a kebab, 1 bottle of JD another bag of haribo starmix and a twix .
:

Pharmstrong

by Pharmstrong

Good shout on the starmix and opium.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

artray wrote:I like to have 4 pina coladas a bucket of KFC and a bag of haribos starmix followed by some pure opium and a twix. After my ride I have a kebab, 1 bottle of JD another bag of haribo starmix and a twix .
:

Just wondering do you hit the toilet hard after that cocktail? :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com