Pain on inside of left knee after riding

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

lcoolb

by lcoolb

Hi all, since about a week i experience a slight pain on the inside of my left knee, starting about half an hour after i finish riding. No problems during the ride. It's nothing serious (yet) but i guess i'd better be careful. Any advice would be appreciated.

NB I can't imagine it can be caused by my position on the bike because i haven't changed anything about that for the last 7 years or so. Got that well sorted out.

WasFab

by WasFab

It might be the side module, it is the inside part of the knee or the outer side? Anyhow more likely if it's the inside part it can be a sore module.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Geoff

by Geoff

Knee module? Are you amputees? If that is the case, I can't help you. If not, you may want to address your cleat position.

Just because you have not had a problem over the last 7 years, it does not ensure that the cleat was right in the first place. Sometimes, it tales 7 years or more for the tissues to be damaged to the extent that you feel pain.

Some people say that flost itself can cause knee problems. Personally, I believe that the introduction of 'float' pedals and cleats can serve to mask initially bad cleat positioning. Even with float, if the cleats aren't set-up properly, you can 'bump' against one side of the float or the other. Over time, this could cause an injury.

When I was racing, there was only one type of pedal: quills. Because the cleats had to be nailed or screwed into the bottom of the shoes, there was no float and the cleats had to be perfect. If not, you were in trouble in a hurry. Accordingly, we spent a ton of time on the cleats. At least as much time as on bike position. I still use Look black non-float cleats and have never had a knee problem.

EKIMIKE

by EKIMIKE

fabiancanchelara wrote:It might be the side module, it is the inside part of the knee or the outer side? Anyhow more likely if it's the inside part it can be a sore module.

Not meant to be a loaded question or anything but is English your first language? I'm just curious...

Anyway, looks like Geoff has got it covered. Pretty much my thoughts. Something to be vigilant about! Hopefully the OP's troubles subside.