Top ten list?

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

Hey Florian,

The "Lightest Clincher Wheels" got me thinking. How about having a "Top Ten" list of the ten lightest components in specific categories?

That way we also will have somewhere to point people that are building their bikes to a short definative list of whatever they are looking at.
Ride lightly!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

Ye Olde Balde One wrote:The "Lightest Clincher Wheels" got me thinking. How about having a "Top Ten" list of the ten lightest components in specific categories?

A top ten list would be problematic to compare, there are too many variables that play a role. (sizes, incl./excl. accessoires, ...)
You can see this when you look at the road wheels listings:
clincher vs. tubular, 650 vs. 700C, ED10 vs. HG freehubs, w/ or w/o skewers and so on - it's really difficult to compare one wheel listing against another.

Sorting a listing by the weight does normally the same and you see everything with comments, so you can form your own opinion what's the lightest for your needs.

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

Florian wrote:
Ye Olde Balde One wrote:The "Lightest Clincher Wheels" got me thinking. How about having a "Top Ten" list of the ten lightest components in specific categories?

A top ten list would be problematic to compare, there are too many variables that play a role. (sizes, incl./excl. accessoires, ...)
You can see this when you look at the road wheels listings:
clincher vs. tubular, 650 vs. 700C, ED10 vs. HG freehubs, w/ or w/o skewers and so on - it's really difficult to compare one wheel listing against another.

Sorting a listing by the weight does normally the same and you see everything with comments, so you can form your own opinion what's the lightest for your needs.

Makes sense.

I just wonder if there is some way of doing it, maybe within certain criteria. I might get back to you on this one :D
Ride lightly!