HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:24 am 

All,
I just bought a set of wheels from Geraint (geraintnorman), who promptly posted them to me and they arived yesterday - many thanks by the way Geraint, the photos of them on my Felt AR3 will be up in the forum soon! Now I know that this place isn't ebay, but at the same time many people are buying/selling/swapping the lighetest parts on their bikes which they can find. Another non-bike related forum I am a member of has a sub-forum where you can leave feedback and references for people you have dealt with. Which somewhat increases a buyers confidence in a seller if the buyer sees thay are an established member of the forums and has lots of references - especially if selling an expensive item.

I just wanted to float the idea with you guys as it works well there. I know i'm one of the newest members here and this may have been discussed in the past, apologies if i've missed it! What do you think?

For those of you who are interested, i'm a watch collector, and the forum i refer to is here if you would like to see an example:
http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12

Thanks!

Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:24 am 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:53 am 

Welcome and thanks for the suggestion. Your idea is an interesting one, although we do have some basic rules that help 'establish' the profile of sellers in the forum: a minimum membership time of one month along with a minimum post number of 30 posts.

While not the same as a formal feedback subforum, this system has worked pretty well in maintaining things on an even keel. This mechanism has made it possible to discourage those who attempt to join WW only to sell stuff.

I will, however raise this with the other mods. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:07 pm 

Very good idea, i'm member of a dutch forum called fiets.nl and there already is a treat with seller/buyer comment. but a sub forum might be a good idea!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:56 am 

I think this is a good idea as well. Maybe not a feedback system for all transactions, but some sort of flagging on a user if something goes very badly?

For a system like that to work a mod would have to review any negative cases to make sure a user was not flagged out of spite or a misunderstanding.

Just an idea...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:05 am 

HEN12Y wrote:
All,
I just bought a set of wheels from Geraint (geraintnorman), who promptly posted them to me and they arived yesterday - many thanks by the way Geraint, the photos of them on my Felt AR3 will be up in the forum soon! Now I know that this place isn't ebay, but at the same time many people are buying/selling/swapping the lighetest parts on their bikes which they can find. Another non-bike related forum I am a member of has a sub-forum where you can leave feedback and references for people you have dealt with. Which somewhat increases a buyers confidence in a seller if the buyer sees thay are an established member of the forums and has lots of references - especially if selling an expensive item.

I just wanted to float the idea with you guys as it works well there. I know i'm one of the newest members here and this may have been discussed in the past, apologies if i've missed it! What do you think?

For those of you who are interested, i'm a watch collector, and the forum i refer to is here if you would like to see an example:
http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12

Thanks!

Nice idea. :beerchug:

CRUMPTON 4.40kg, 9.70lbs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:54 pm 

I think this is a good idea.

I just had some really bad experience with a weight weenie member. He offered a pair of giro cyclingshoes in the for sale section. We agreed about the price, i paid, he confirmed that he received my payment and told me he would post the next day. From that moment he never replied to pm and mail and i never received the shoes. It's been more than 2 month ago since a paid. I know he is still on the forum and he has read my pm's to him. This really make me mad :evil: ! This guy has his own blog and he has posted recent pictures on his blog with him wearing the shoes i paid for!!!!

Such a sub-forum could possible prevent this kind of fraude.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:09 pm 

can also start using www.heatware.com for feedback from any number of sites of your choice. I used them mainly for computer and car stuff but it can be used for any sites added. I usually post my heatware account in my sig but on here probably no one's heard of it. Anyhow....just another option.

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:09 pm