Re: Where did the Pro Equipment 2010 thread go...?

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
nothingman

by nothingman

Sir Rides a Lot wrote:I was generally more annoyed by the moderator's whining to keep things on-topic throughout the thread, than the occasional off-topic post. I think they are exaggerating...

Couldn't agree more.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zak

by Zak

+1

Sleg8

by Sleg8

I tend to agree with most of the comments posted here.

Lately, the 2010 pro-tour thread has been one of the only threads I check on WWs on a daily basis. I feel that the mods have become overly draconian at the expense of the site host starbike. I just hope they (and the site host) realise that people are moving over to the fairwheel bikes forum in droves because of this attitude. I purchase product from starbike, but if posters are on the fairwheel forum instead, well, you can guess the rest...
"All I ask is the heavens above and the road below"

geraintnorman

by geraintnorman

I've noticed the mods have become increasingly anal and power crazed over the last year or so.

Most of them haven't got a clue about bikes yet they feel they can sensor other peoples' comments.

We live in a free society and unless anything is clearly offensive they should let it go.

Off to some othe BBs.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

If I were a sponsor I'd be pretty upset right now. Losing an attraction reduces what I would be willing to pay for an advertisement.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

jmh

by jmh

The mods need to lighten up a bit. The have a very narrow vision of what is appropriate content on this site and the heaviest handed moderation of any site I frequent.

They laid down the rules to lock the thread for 24, then 48 , then 72 hours. They did lock it for 24 hrs, then they just killed it.

Killing this thread today, and their other heavy handed actions of late, will lead to less traffic to the site not more. That is not good for reader, sponsors, or moderators.

I wish them luck with their way of running the site.

musket

by musket

It was ego, and not being able to back down from bad logic and silly attempts to micrmanage discussion of interesting issues.

Embarrassing, sad, and hugely detrimental to the site's value.

nothingman

by nothingman

I love what I'm hearing.

Power to the people.

(No, I don't have any stake in Fair Wheel whatsoever. I'm just a disgruntled WW user.)

musket

by musket

I wonder how long till this thread is deleted?

jmh

by jmh

It was ego, and not being able to back down from bad logic and silly attempts to micrmanage discussion of interesting issues.

Well said.

How long before this thread gets deleted.... 3...2...1....

cmdr199212

by cmdr199212

MODS!!!! Bring it back!!!!

nothingman

by nothingman

jmh wrote:

Well said.

How long before this thread gets deleted.... 3...2...1....

They are probably editing a huge stack of OMG-SOMEBODY-QUOTED-AN-IMAGE posts right now. They'll get around to raining on this parade soon enough.

Jim@Quarq
in the industry

by Jim@Quarq

Total bummer. As a manufacturer, I checked in on the Pro Equipment thread every other day to keep tabs on what is happening on the pro bikes. We are based in South Dakota, so this thread was one of the primary methods I used to stay in touch with the changing technology.

Mods, please bring the thread back, and then simply let it go without moderation at all. We are big boys and can self regulate.

Jim
Jim Meyer | Quarq Technology

kytyree

by kytyree

Well said Jim, and I've appreciated the insight that people from your company have provided in that thread.

newfy

by newfy

We could start a 2011 pro thread or to early

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com