A DIY forum?

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
Elrey

by Elrey

Think it's a bit annoying to scroll through all the introduce yourself to find some cool do-it-yourself projects. What do you think? Could it be fun to follow the projects from an DIY point of view? I would eliminate a lot of off-topic talk in the Intro thread and make it "easy" to try some cool WW stuff out yourself.
Just a thought... If it's already on the forum, i'm sorry i can't find it.

Daniel

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

vdrey

by vdrey

That sounds like a great idea to me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

kman

by kman

I think there was at least a thread for DIY at some stage, can't remember now though.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
-- Frank Zappa

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

What if...

members of weight weenies started to document their journeys into WWism with a thread that takes our breaths away?

Right now it seems like most ww tune their bikes with their Gold Card in stead of their Knowledge of parts.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Elrey

by Elrey

That is exactly why we should have an DIY forum. It's so much more fun to see people do there own WW part instead of just showing of there salary.
I don't know if it would be a busy forum, but i hope it will inspire more people to do some homemade parts or at least just get some more knowledge about there bike parts.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Elrey, i deleted the quote for you as you replied to me ;)

It is exactly why we should not have a DIY forum. Go out there with the rest of the tribe in stead of hiding in a corner. Show them what you can do with knowledge of parts. Go and build a light bike like i did with my old addict. That thing was 5.8 kilo in an xl size.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Let me add: We don't need to add a DIY forum as there are enough forums on here where people can show how creative they are with their builds.

If I ever come across harsh it is unintended. I'm a non native speaker/ writer who is just trying as hard as he can to get the feelings across.

mattr

by mattr

We have a DIY forum on another site i use.

It's the difference between buying parts and assembling, then modify lightly to shave weight/trim characteristics/see what happens (which is what I do, and what most on here do) and completely building from scratch/modifying massively/completely out there stuff (like the hand crafted DA mech, Samus stuff, tillqvists kitchen and so on.)

I think there is room for both.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

The whole premise of WW as a forum is for tuned parts.

I agree, a sub-forum isn't required.