weight weenies kit?

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
$mokeyJoe

by $mokeyJoe

I also vote for the orange kit, and yes, i think we're making it happen! Image

I don't have any orange kit but i would be pleased to have one of these! I think we've to go for some 'tasty goodies' now after thinking about it! :wink:
*Light is beautiful*
BMC SLC01 5900g ... Litespeed Vortex 6300g ... Merida Carbon Lite 7000g ... Velocite Selene 8000g ... Argon18 E114 +/-8500g ... Trek 1500 9500g

si1ver
Shop Owner

by si1ver

My vote goes to Orange as well . I would love to get one : :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tranzformer

by tranzformer

I also vote orange. I would wear that kit proudly!!

djconnel

by djconnel

Thanks!... Orange it is. For example, which of the following would be preferred?
  • Castelli-Squadra
  • Louis Garneau

I'll need a high-res "Weight Weenies" and text and mascot.... I assume we don't want the pixellated one. Or I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to draw the guy.

Also, I think we all agree Starbike should be there for hosting the forum. Fairwheelbikes? Anyone else?

TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

Good luck with the mascot image djconnel, I think this will stump you in this awesome quest.
I wanted to make a cool looking kit a while back but as I researched the mascot image(of an ant?) I discovered that this image may be property of the creators of Sesame Street, specifically "The Twittlebug" characters. If not them, I think the image was made by someone who intended the bug image for personal use, to be used freely as long as money was not going to be made and as long as the creator was credited... blah, blah, blah...
I suggest you draw the ant head slightly different to avoid complications. Maybe the site admins would clear this up?

If you can pull this kit off I would definitely wear it with pride as I get dropped by the bunch.
CLICK HERE to see my weenie

Click THIS to hear what happens when I see your and my weenie.

Szczuldo

by Szczuldo

well that is most unfortunate, but I feel like it was used at least once before on a weight weenie t-shirt
My Lynskey R420 with Chorus 11

If you are interested in a Weight Weenies kit I no longer know what you should do.

3dsteve

by 3dsteve

i think a full zipper would be best and defiantly a race fit the orange looks good .i want one when they are available

djconnel

by djconnel

The Twiddlebugs are famous, according to the Muppet Wiki, for coming up with overly complex solutions to simple problems.

$mokeyJoe

by $mokeyJoe

Ok...i'm glad we're becoming one! hehe

About the clothes, i think if we choose Castelli or Louis Garneau, we will have very good equipment. I don't have anything of them so i would choose either. I think they both will be ok.

We might ask to Florian for a high res 'weightweenies' text. If Florian doesn't have any, i can ask my father, with Florian's permission, to make a high res text.

As for the ant, well...or we make it at low res as is. It would be perfect if we could get it in high res also but let's not do it if there's some copyright on it :noidea: Drawing with a slight difference is an option. I can ask my father for this also. Let me know.

And i also would choose a full zipper in race fit as in hot days i like to open the jersey. :wink:
*Light is beautiful*
BMC SLC01 5900g ... Litespeed Vortex 6300g ... Merida Carbon Lite 7000g ... Velocite Selene 8000g ... Argon18 E114 +/-8500g ... Trek 1500 9500g

Szczuldo

by Szczuldo

it'll be full zip and race cut, don't worry. Looks like it'll be from Castelli-Squadra as well. Probably start a thread about the order once djconnel gets a mockup of the design on their template. Since we are not sure what we are doing about the twiddlebug i figure it's best to wait.

If you are interested in a Weight Weenies kit I no longer know what you should do.

djconnel

by djconnel

Maybe we just stick with the twiddlebug and figure we're under the Henson (RIP) radar.

53x12

by 53x12

DJ, any estimate on how much this might cost for the kit? And I assuming the order will be placed in the US and shipped out from there?
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

Szczuldo

by Szczuldo

Since I am working with djconnel on this i will interject. The kit will cost roughly 140US$ shipped (based on 50 sets) with a couple of extra options for additional clothing. I feel that this is a competitive price and the final price is to be determined after we collect all the numbers. The more we get the less it'll cost. The most it can cost is 152US$ shipped per person.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

53x12

by 53x12

Thank you Szczuldo.

I tried looking through the thread, has there been any mention of what kind of padding the bibs might have? Is that something that we can pick individually? Or do we have to decide as a group?
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."