Poor WW etiquete...

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
mzagorski

by mzagorski

I think there should be an unwritten rule on here that if you buy something from a fellow WW for X dollars, that you don't go trying to sell the same thing on here for X dollars multiplied by 200%! Poor f&*king show IMHO. And if you buy something, don't go claiming that it's been ridden a couple of times when the original seller told you it was ridden for a season. Prob this is a hard one to enforce... but it's pretty lame IMHO.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

name and shame dude
tikka
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

There will always be dishonest d*cks here trying to make a buck, fortunately most weenies are honest.

Maybe this site should have a flame section to add these people. Not only from here but from other forums and web sites such as eBay.

Mottsauce

by Mottsauce

agreed....but I'm really only chiming in to say this:

bugman, your avatar is creeping me out :wink:

Morpeth

by Morpeth

^^^ seconded. I do like it though.

benolium

by benolium

Bugman. You took your avatar to the next level. Now you're eating the bug? yikes. ok I feel better now. Oh yea, yes, shame on that guy for being dishonest and shady on parts. No need for that here.

sniperworks

by sniperworks

Dishonest ok, that is not a good way to go, but selling something with a profit... well... most likely the loss for the first seller if the major profit worked the first seller should have asked more :wink:

It is ofcourse not the handiest thing to sell something on the same forum you got it, but ok.

I had it done to me myself, sold something cheap and it was online a few weeks later... my loss to be honest should have asked more.

But like said not being honest is not nice.

Gregorio

by Gregorio

Or what about WW's who post something for sale, and someone (namely me) agreed to buy, even send the money via paypal only to get an email the next day saying that " sorry I decided not to sell" and a refund of the money. Then 2 wks later the same item is for sale again but for more than 2x the original amount.

Name and Shame? I dont know if that would be appropriate either. Just a shitty thing to do. He knows who he is as he is active on this board.

deepsky

by deepsky

On a non-cycling forum I frequent, there is an entire for sale/trade section. They have their own user run and maintained database that contains ratings on all the transactions that are entered by the users, so people have ratings similar to what ebay does. Might be a bit overkill here since the fs forum is pretty durned slow, but it's a thought....

mitre_tester

by mitre_tester

mzagorski wrote:I think there should be an unwritten rule on here that if you buy something from a fellow WW for X dollars, that you don't go trying to sell the same thing on here for X dollars multiplied by 200%!

It's called arbitrage. People who have attempted to ban it include Josef Stalin, Fidel Castro, Mao Tse-tung etc.

RoadAce Components
Shop Owner

by RoadAce Components

What happened to the free market ?
RoadAce Components

IRD -------CUSTOM WHEEL BUILDING -------YOKOZUNA-------ELETE WATER

RoadAce Components

matto

by matto

sniperworks wrote:Dishonest ok, that is not a good way to go, but selling something with a profit... well... most likely the loss for the first seller if the major profit worked the first seller should have asked more :wink:

What he said.

Lying about condition? Death by fire.

Making a profit by buying and selling? Welcome to America.

runido

by runido

While it is a free market I agree you should buy on WW and later mislead or misrepresent the same product. However, the buyer should do their homework as well.

MrRedRaider

by MrRedRaider

What about integrity? Or just being nice? Ive had a similar thing happen to me, only I offered the person a low price to be nice, and he TALKED me down $15! He posted it up 2 weeks later at 4x the price I sold it to him for. Think that is very nice to do to someone?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dgasmd

by dgasmd

I don't know about the particular subject posted, but I do think there should be a subforum in the For Sale section for posting feedback. It is very hard for people here to trust someone based on some annonymous posts in a forum. I personally have a hard time with it. Ebay at least provides you with some subjective info like number of sales and % of positive feedback, which is not the greatest but it is something.

I jsut got a set of used wheels from someone here and the entire transaction has been flawless so far. I would like to leave him a positive feedback so that when others want to buy from him in the future they get reassurance. I would find that valuable.