W.W.O.T.Y. 2007....?

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

Geez i am so tired of this "it used to be so good" crap.
Please tell me exactly what used to be better ?
It's a public board, that's it nature. You have to pick out the things you are interested in. If you only want what you like, start a private club.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

"things were never as good as they used to be"......

Once I had to do a study on how happy people were with the numbers of staff in their office - the conclusion was the "ideal" size was the size of the office when people joined the firm, and "too big" was the size at the point they left...

My, admittedly rambling and somewhat O/T, point is that change and growth is hard to accept, and the "old school" who have been around longer and know more, dont go away. We need you even if the site does not reflect the halycon days of your internet youth...
"I saw you with elephants hosing down some dwarves on black and white TV" - Ode to Anthony H Wilson

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LJ
WWotY 2006 / Smart convert

by LJ

Koen, you have a lot to say. Fair enough.....

...however, if you want wwoty to work, you or someone else needs to take a hold of it....make it a responsibility.....sponsor it....add some interest. If you dont it will never happen. Maybe put some of YOUR money where your mouth is mate.

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

Lee,
I really don't see what money or sponsoring has to do with it ?. I am responding to the statements "it used to be better", "we don't need a wwoty anymore, things have changed", etc.. I simply don't agree with that. Again, it's a public board, there are things we like, some we don't like. I don't have a problem with that.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

this is one of those situations that we should all discuss after climbing alpe de huez while sipping on some coffee. im really not one for hostility or stress i just really love bikes riding bikes and making them sensibly light. one of the reasons this board has probably changed is because people started to realise that drilling holes and using plastic screws wasnt really worth it as things broke to easy and looked shite,
tikka
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

Leviathan

by Leviathan

So what about a WW offsite in Mallorca next Feb? I could provide a mixture of free and lowish cost accomodation for those who want it (up to about 24 pax)...
"I saw you with elephants hosing down some dwarves on black and white TV" - Ode to Anthony H Wilson

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

dude im going to be out there from the 12 april for a week with my club you going to be about?
pm me
tikka

Dalai

by Dalai

Leviathan wrote:I could provide a mixture of free and lowish cost accomodation for those who want it (up to about 24 pax)...

Nice offer Leviathan :wink:

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

so do i win?? :D who has teh final say?
tikka

eurostyle

by eurostyle

Is it just me or are you a bit desperate to be WWOTY?

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

yes

mick

by mick

Samu!
harder, better, faster, stronger

LJ
WWotY 2006 / Smart convert

by LJ

"Desperation is like stealing from the Mafia: you stand a good chance of attracting the wrong attention.”

:wink:

Cyco

by Cyco

Winner will be declared if the poll is ever posted. This has always been done by a forum member, not a mod
Success is how far you you bounce back up after being knocked down

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Okay... then keep nominating in this thread.

As of Wednesday 9pm CET this will be made into a Poll by me. The poll will then run for 7 days.