Non Cyclists, 1000 miles in TWO WEEKS

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Some things in life make you think about what is really important. There are many people here who have been hit by personal tragedy. Some recently, and some in the past. I am amazed and pay tribute to the way that people do.

To that end I am posting this here. I went to school with Andrea, and as I work in the bike industry. She is not a cyclist, or at least wasn't. But her and a friend are determined to rebuild their friend's life after they were paralysed in a car accident. They are all physios, and met doing a job they love. A closeness I think many of us can relate to.

Laura and Andrea are cycling Lands End to John O'Groats. A distance of 1,000 miles. Their aim is to raised £10,000 for their friend. The route takes them from the my southernly point of England, to the most Northernly point of Scotland. It wont be easy, it wont be pleasant in many places, and it is the UK, so you know it wont always be dry.

If you think this is an amazing thing for none cyclists to do, please sponsor them. I think they really deserve to achieve their aims. The website is:

http://www.andreaandlaurasbigcycle.com/

There is a lot of information on there. There is also a Facebookgroup.

These girls are doing something outstanding. Please help them.

This posting has been made with the permission of the Admin team on WW. It will be bumped by me and will be double posted with permission

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com