What scale do you use?

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
TheFatGuy

by TheFatGuy

What kind of scales does everybody use?

Any likes/dislikes?

What's a reasonable capacity to expect?

Any "best values" to be found?
This board would be MUCH nicer if everybody would just chill out.

Norbert

by Norbert

Same one I used to use to... oh wait... different forum...

triple beam old skool style.....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cwmak

by cwmak

I got the ultimate scale and it says accurate +/-1g for the max 3kg one.

I used the model and found the batteries wear out fast.

Or maybe the free batteries that came with it were crap but i would remove the batteries when the scale is not in use.

Apart from that, very good scale and the hanging version has a max of 25kg and a good rubber housing for protection.

kman

by kman

Try a search, there has been at least one decent thread on this topic that I can remember.
Prices vary wildly for scales but you get what you pay for. Look at what you want to weigh (complete bike, small parts, wheels etc) and then get a scale in the appropriate range. Generally I use two scales - both cheap versions which are good enough for my liking. I'm not looking to have my bike weight validated in the guiness book of world records, so an accuracy of +/- 20g is fine for my bike scale. (I think its some kind of fishing scale, I attach it to my bike workstand)
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
-- Frank Zappa

Tillquist

by Tillquist

Use :search: and you will find what scales do you use?? - topic from Lør 02 dec 2006
See all my bike h e r e