News, announcements and discussions about Weight Weenies. (members, please do not start topics in here.)
Moderator: Moderator Team
Frankie - B
- Posts: 6581
- Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:17 am
- Location: Drenthe, Holland
- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning (see policing below).
- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
- Members are asked to not act as “back seat moderators”. If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the Moderator Team. Please use the “post report” feature to report posts. Do not respond to such topics yourself. Members who constantly “act” as moderators may be warned.
- Members should remember this board is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
- Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to or asking for information on warez, crackz, etc. or re-printing material without permission will receive a warning and their post will be removed.
- Members are asked only to post in English, as this is an English speaking community. Localised support is available at the international support sites.
- Members should respect the bandwidth of other users and sites. The use of inline () image tags pointing to data stored on third party systems for which the user has not received permission to link to may be removed.
- Pictures should not exceed 1024 x 768 pixels.
- Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Users consistently abusing this will be warned.
- Members should use an appropriate, descriptive subject when posting a new topic. Examples of bad subjects include; "Help me!", "Mavic rims", etc. Examples of good subjects include; "building my bike from sctratch, everything weighed", "Cannot remove my seatpost", etc.
- Members are welcome to use the test forum for general "test purposes". These may include checking signatures, testing a link or image, etc. (subject to previous points on decency, warez, etc.).
- Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. This includes offering hosting services (charged and free), installation services, solicitation etc. Recruiting members for your own projects (moderators, designers, professional MOD work, etc.) is not permitted and is also considered spam. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed. See specific item on spam and 3rd party linking for more information.
- The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit, remove or put on moderation queue any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.
- The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging.
- Signatures may contain up to five lines of text (of small or normal size) and/or one image, valid combinations include; a single image of no more than 60px high, 468px wide and 6KiB (6144 Bytes) in size. Signatures containing an image this large may also include one line of small size text. Signatures containing an image of 30px high may include up to three lines of small size text or two lines of normal size text. Images of 15px height or less may allow up to three lines of normal size text or four lines of small size text. Animated images are not allowed. Remote signature images must have a consistently high availability to avoid removal. Limit on image filesize prevents detrimental effect on forums page load speed.
- Text sizes should be between 75% and 100% (small and normal). Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, and so forth.
- Links in signatures are permitted to a maximum of two unique pages or sites. Linked sites may be commercial in nature. You may not link to warez, porn, racist or other similar hate sites. Links are included in signature size limits.
- Users abusing these rules will be warned.
- Users are permitted to utilise a gallery avatar or to link to one of their own (subject to previous points on misuse of bandwidth). User defined avatars are to be no larger than 120 pixels square, contain no animation, contain no image which attempts to portray the user as having an official status here (e.g. mimicking ranks or copying avatars of team members), may not exceed 12KiB (12288 Bytes) in filesize. Remote avatars must have a consistently high availability to avoid removal. Limit on image filesize prevents detrimental effect on forums page load speed.
- Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, and so forth.
- Users abusing these rules will be warned and/or may lose their avatar privileges
- Weight Weenies operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days.
- Arguing with team members after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes a temporary ban will be put in place as above.
- Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to contact the relevant team leader, e.g. if warned by a moderator you should contact the Moderator team leader. If they feel you were treated badly they remove a warning.
- Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban or other moderator action will lead to a permanent ban of your account(s). Circumvention includes re-registering or using an already registered account under a non-banned username. Other examples include changing IP addresses, using a new email account or other action that can be taken to evade moderator action to hide your identity as the owner of the sanctioned account.
- An exception to the three strike rule applies when users contact team members personally (via any method) and post insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such users may be subject to an immediate permanent ban.
- Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While phpBB may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence.
- Are there any restrictions for posting a for sale add?
In order to be allowed to be active in the classified section, users must have a minimum of 30 posts. And users (posting in the marketplace) must be an active member of the board for a minimum of one month.
- Posts by members that do not live up to these rules will be removed by the moderators.
- If we find you spam posting the forums in order to increase post count you will get one warning. If we find you doing that a second time you will get banned for a period of time and lose your postcount up till then.
- Can I post links to third party auction or other selling platforms
No, posting links to those sites is not allowed and those adds will be removed by the moderators.
- What can I offer here?
Anything related to cycling - offerings not related to cycling or linking to 3rd party websites (like auction sites) are considered as spam according to the rules.
It's required to post a price for the item(s) you want to sell unless you want to trade - selling postings without prices will be removed by the moderators.
- What do you consider as commercial/uncommercial?
The for-sale forum is meant for people who want to get rid of used stuff or new stuff in customary amounts, which they bought for example in the wrong size or have to sell because they need the money. All other offerings including services are considered to be commercial and will be removed without further notice.
- Why can't I reply in the threads? How do I contact the seller?
To avoid biddings and discussions about the offered item, which are both not in the interest of the seller, replying in threads was disabled.
If you're interested in an item, you can contact the seller by PM or -if available- his email address.
Sellers who want to add/remove informations to their offerings can edit their original posting accordingly.
- I'm a seller and I have posted an item, which is sold in the meantime, but I'm still getting PMs/emails about this item. How can I stop that?
Edit your posting by adding a "[SOLD]" to the topic title.
- As of the 22nd march 2013 posting pictures in the for sale section is mandatory. We welcome pictures being placed inline with img tags or with a link. Although we prefer the pictures placed inline.
- You need to state the currency in which you are offering your cycling parts in.
- eBay links are not permitted
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
- 0 Replies
- 653 Views
Last post by robertpaulsenww
Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:41 pm
- 0 Replies
- 147 Views
Last post by carbontulip
Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:30 pm
- 0 Replies
- 152 Views
Last post by tfayet
Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:25 am
- 8 Replies
- 1197 Views
Last post by 8247711
Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:17 pm
- 15 Replies
- 1343 Views
Last post by Frankie - B
Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:30 pm