WW shirts are finally here.

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

Read the following for ordering instructions.

Retail price on these in the U.S. is $15. WW members will get them at a price of $10.

Most of the $10 will go to paying for having the shirts produced, in addition to a portion of it going to help pay for the costs of operating the Weight Weenies website.

So support your favorite site and order one.

You can order from the U.S. here....

http://fairwheelbikes.com/shop/index.ph ... x&cPath=30

To get the $10 WW price, just enter your WW username into the comments box when you order.

FOR INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: Please ignore the shipping costs that the website generates, it is set to generate express UPS rates. The actual shipping cost to Europe is $20-$30 for USPS Express(usually 1 week or less delivery time) Also standard USPS can be had for around $10(sometimes this is 4-6 weeks for delivery)

In addition these shirts will be available at Starbike soon.

It may also work for European members to get together and order theirs in groups, this will significantly reduce the shipping costs.
Attachments
shirt.jpg

whooztheman

by whooztheman

Who is the maker of the shirt?
I just want to be sure that the cotton is of good quality before I order one.
thank you.
"It may be near when it seems so far"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

J-Nice

by J-Nice

And its' finally here!!!! Oh my Goodness!!!!

What a stupid T-shirt. You can have your own made out of better quality fabric for alot less. STUPID!!!!!! :lol:

[now go play nice with the others.]

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

What would shipping be to australia? (Though, I'm not sure I'll be getting one until my bike actually gets near 6.8...though being a hipocrites nice though :))

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

whooztheman wrote:Who is the maker of the shirt?
I just want to be sure that the cotton is of good quality before I order one.
thank you.

Almost all of the shirts are Gildan Ultra Cotton. A few are Fruit of the Loom for the Extrasmalls.

J-Nice wrote:And its' finally here!!!! Oh my Goodness!!!!

What a stupid T-shirt. You can have your own made out of better quality fabric for alot less. STUPID!!!!!!!! :lol:

I'm glad we've finally heard from an expert....I can't believe I'm defending a shirt that was designed by the members. I just want to make a couple of points.

1. The design was done by the members, so if you have a problem with it, why don't you take it out on each and everyone of them individually.

2. Go ask your local printer what they would charge you to make a single shirt, I'm betting it's around $40-$50

3. You might be able to get it on better fabric, I don't really know, I said I wanted the best shirts they have....But if you could get it on better fabric? don't you think you should at least know what it is currently on before you make such a ridiculous statement. (It is currently printed on black dyed Iguana skin) It would be the equivalent of me saying "I can make better wheels than what are on your bike" I have no idea what are on your bike.

4. The shirt was done, not to make money, this is not a capital venture. It was done because the members wanted it. The money goes to supporting the site. Which I guess you have no interest in doing.

Skyleth

by Skyleth

madcow wrote:2. Go ask your local printer what they would charge you to make a single shirt, I'm betting it's around $40-$50

as someone who's made plenty of tshrits during my college days...

it'd be $40 - $50 per screen, the WW tshirt has about 4 screens (2 colors - orange adn white, 2 printed areas - front and sleeve) plus the cost of the shirt, so for a oneoff you're look at about $205 for a tshirt. And the printer would be more than happy to take your business :)

Guilden 100% cotton is a good quality t-shirt. I still have some after 4+ years that are in great condition.

Iron-on transfers (the only other way to do it yourself) suck really bad, and fade and peel after a handful of washings. Plus once you work in cost of printer/ink/transfer paper/time/labour/tshirt/iron/ironing board/parchment paper it's not less than $10...

no need to defend the shirt, it's excellent. althou the phrasing is a little cheesy ;)
Rule #1. Superheroes Wear Tights

Ripley451

by Ripley451

Nice one Jason :thumbup: I guess $10 = £0.05 :twisted:
Vorsprung Durch Tortë http://www.costablancacycling.com/

gregc

by gregc

madcow...

anyway to measure the shirts from arm pit to arm pit...

i am a fairly skinny guy, and i dont want to order the wrong size and have it fit like a dress...

thanks

c50jim

by c50jim

Thanks for doing this Jason.

If people don't like them they can just not order them. However, I can't believe that anyone would complain about a $10 shirt. Have they been to a store lately? These things are meant to be tongue in cheek and fun - and they are.

I'll be ordering one for me and one for eeatos.

bikerdan

by bikerdan

Hey Madcow

Thanks for taking an idea that bounded around for so long and making it a reality. Excellent news that they are finally here :)

Any ideas on what these will retail at on starbike ?

I'm wondering whether to order 2 shirts direct from fairwheelbikes
- my maths says 2 x 10 + 10 = 30$...which sounds reasonable enough. Only downside would be waiting 4-6 weeks :(

Balenaar

by Balenaar

Thanks for doing this Madcow, the T Shirts are looking great :thanx:
Bo Gevers and I am going to order one togheter, I think Bo already send you a mail?

Greetz Ben,
Time VXRS Ulteam

whooztheman

by whooztheman

When Starbike will have them?
"It may be near when it seems so far"

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

To the danish guys (and ladies???? 8) ) here:

should we get order together? probably easer to share the transportcost!

onyourleft

by onyourleft

Can we get something besides black? How about an orange or grey or blue shirt...anything but black again!
Aero beats weight - unless you're slow!

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

gregc wrote:madcow...

anyway to measure the shirts from arm pit to arm pit...

i am a fairly skinny guy, and i dont want to order the wrong size and have it fit like a dress...

thanks

XSM, 43cm
Sm, 44cm
Md, 45cm
Lrg, 51cm
XL, 55cm

Juanmoretime wrote:Jason, How true do the sizes run?

Thanks!

Fairly true, I usually wear a SM. I fit both the XS and SM. The XS is a little short though.

whooztheman wrote:When Starbike will have them?

It will probably be a few weeks.

onyourleft wrote:Can we get something besides black? How about an orange or grey or blue shirt...anything but black again!

Unfortunately not. We had asked for people to vote on colors and sizes. Only 3 people voted for white, A couple voted for Heather, but almost everyone wanted black. If these sell out, we'll do more in colors.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com