Slow and buggy forum

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
Mackers

by Mackers

Same here, at one point it was so bad the site had all but disappeared, and I got redirected to walmart.com of all places :) (thanks AT&T)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Gone slow and would not load pages at same time as before. Around 14:00 Aussie Eastern.

MileHighMark

by MileHighMark

For the past couple of weeks, the site has been excruciatingly slow. I can usually access 1-2 links, and then everything just times out.
GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

Bridgeman

by Bridgeman

Is there a fix in place?

53x12

by 53x12

Past couple of days it seems to be working better for me around the same time it use to lag. Knock on wood.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Lag for me at the same time. Back online before 3 pm now though, so less than an hour out.

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

On and off... Now it is fine and all is working well for me (Eastern time zone, US).
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

53x12

by 53x12

Buggy again tonight. 22:00-22:50 EST. Not sure if this will post. Miserable.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

Bridgeman

by Bridgeman

Have the admins addressed this problem? I've seen this happen on a few other forums and it was a server issue. They eventually solved the problem.

53x12

by 53x12

Doesn't look like the problem has been addressed as it is still there. But at least Frankie - B and Powerful Pete have chimed in so it appears they now know of the issue. Hopefully Frankie will be able to investigate it some more and figure out what is going on and hopefully fix it.

53x12

by 53x12

Any fix for recent problems?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bridgeman

by Bridgeman

Yep, this post was blocked and an error message followed, but I'll keep trying for a bit.

I've tried posting several times and this error prompt keeps blocking its follow through. I'm not sure this post will even make it. This and other problems, particularly the slowness don't seem to be addressed. Often times I just give up on the forum, or am force to quit as I'm given an error message.

It would be greatly appreciated if the admins could give us an update on these matters.

irongatsby

by irongatsby

The site has been pretty much non-existent for me the past few days. It has started to work since this morning, but I keep getting the 'General Error' page citing max user limit every 5 to 10 minutes when attempting to move to another link. Just like right now. It took about 10 attempts to post this message.

53x12

by 53x12

Admin. Mods. Any updates you can give. Are there steps in place to fix the recent issues? Have they been dealt with and fixed? Is this forum still going to be supported, or is it time to start looking elsewhere? This forum has been a great community, but recently has been insufferable.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Yesterday I have emailed the site host in Germany, today i will call them. We hate the current state of the forum as much as you do.

By all means, please take some time and look elsewhere if you can't find what you are looking for on here.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com