Racing Forum

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Hello all, and hi Mods.

I know that there is a lot to moderate on these boards already, however recently there has been more and more posts about racing, be it what the pros are riding, recent races and events people took part in, people suggesting events and results of peoples' efforts. I think that a seperate board would be a good idea for this, so that all of this type of information is in the same place. I am sure that many people are interested in different events in the different disciplines this Forum covers.

So what do you think?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Knut

by Knut

My personal belief is that one of the strengths of weight weenies is that everything is more or less together so that you don't have to browse 6,7 or 8 forums like you do over at RBR or MTBR for instance.

Also I don't think that the treadload is over the "limit" right now so my vote goes to keep things as they are. :)

wana be like jan

by wana be like jan

this is my first post, half the reason why i come on WW is for the pro racers photos and "spotting the difference" on their bikes, bike racing is a part of WW bikes, it make it easy just scrolling down and "click"
im too poor to be on this forum

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Thanks for the suggestion Toddy!

Sadly for you Knut already summed up the choices we made for WW. so. That 'll be it :wink:
(I hope you can live with that 8) )
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Steve - find that in the Training forum.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Knut wrote:My personal belief is that one of the strengths of weight weenies is that everything is more or less together so that you don't have to browse 6,7 or 8 forums like you do over at RBR or MTBR for instance.

Also I don't think that the treadload is over the "limit" right now so my vote goes to keep things as they are. :)
Frankie - B wrote:Thanks for the suggestion Toddy!

Sadly for you Knut already summed up the choices we made for WW. so. That 'll be it :wink:
(I hope you can live with that 8) )
In more recent times, going back perhaps to the introduction of Cycle Chat in 2007 (which most people seem to like), and the more recent and not-universally-favored introduction of the "Everything wheels" and "GPS, Strava, Ride pics and adventures." sub-forums, Frankie-B has presided over an increasing splintering (fragmentation) of the boards. Yes, times and circumstances change, but change for change's stake, is not always for the better. Did the treadload go over the "limit" in the 7 years since Knut's post?