@BRM : Keep calm. have a ride.
You just reached a point : I've read enough of your fast-paced ans somehow insulting reactions.
There are more effective and classier ways to express yourself. Take a seat (it may be an online-advertised homemade carbon saddle) and grab a pen.
First, I found you and a lot of your recent posts a little too enraged or grumpy to say the least. If it's a regular pattern, it might prevent you to be listened to seriously and it maybe be already the case ... and the vicious circle that causes your grumpyness. I can sense that your fine advice are hidden behind too much tension.
Then, you should buy new keyboard - maybe by searching for a first post that promotes a 102-keys Di2 model in titanium - with a working apostrophe key (I'm french but I sure know that "its" is not equal to "it's") and that don't have a capital letters in STUCK-MODE-CANYOUREADITNOWITSBIG.
And please use a little less telegraphic "words".
These three sorts of behaviour are part of the net-iquette and respect we all expect from everyone. And you expect that also from us. Apply your own rules to yourself at first. Then, you'll be more convincing. To my eyes, moreover if you want to sell me some carbon saddle of yours for example.
Now, I should give my point of view about your request since you and the regulators are crabing for it in order for them to opt in favor of it ... or not :
- First or 20th post is not an issue. As you said, we, enlightened bike amateurs, parts buyers, LBS rats, we're not sheeps. We can therefore separate the wheat from the chaff at first glance.
- I understand what you're goal is but the post you mentionned - which includes one of your grumpy reaction I was refering to before - is not a good example of what you're fighting.
- Your concerns about the forum contents, its quality and level of usefulness are legitimate and welcome, but I just see a knee-jerk reaction. Seeing how the forum is going nowadays, be sure we all (or we're at least enough) keep an eye on how that level should be kept unchanged or improved.
- There are no small off-topic ads in between answers and posts on any of the large amount of content I've been reading for many years. Be sure, there won't be any, we'll react far before the invasion
- I'm can be bothered by huge images that clutter some posts. Often, the posters wanted to show us a macro shots that is requested to see a detailed location or smallest parts. But it's another issue ...
- You're right to say the least: Tapatalk/iPad/Smartphones automatic signatures are a crime of high treason in France. But it's another issue ... By the way, should we request a second rule against it ?
On the current matter, just wait for more feedback, don't jump at our neck this way, please.
More broadly, if you think we're all sheeps, if you think we cannot disagree, if you find it embarrassing to educate, insult and fight against what the forum has became and finally if you don't look for anything here and don't find what you should: I guess these are signs that's it's the right time for you to stay away from it. I maybe better if you could do it before we feel that particular time has come. And don't show me your pedigree, as we said before, a first or 100th post can be equally illegitimate. Regardless of your long experience here, the number of your posts, the width of your tires, the depth of your wheels, if "this is it", do not make it last too long, to keep the forum clean, it should be a nice departure "gift" from you.
Do not try to re-educate us after reading my reply as it will be another useless attempt from you: My reply is your own powerful piece of art. Remember : by just reading your last 5 so-called "replies"
My lines and somehow the previous ones, should ring a bell ... on some drop-bars of yours, no ?
If you're not the one I'm guessing you are, as Vince Neil would say, you're invited, but your (grumpy) friends can't come.