How do I search for "BH G5 Frame"

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
Leviathan

by Leviathan

Im trying to find some of the threads on this frame but as the search engine wont let me search for BH, nor G5, I dont know how to do it...any help, please?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Leviathan

by Leviathan

So if I understand you correctly, the search function on your own site is fundamentally worthless and the only option is to content with the forced user profiling of the evil giant which is called google. Pitiful.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

But really, as much as I'm not about to claim this is the best forum is the history of the internetz lolz!!!!11!11!!, the term 'BH G5' is quite ambiguous and other sites had an issue searching for it.

I know, as when I was buying that exact frame I went through the same dramas.

Please, relax :lol:

Leviathan

by Leviathan

whatever

styrrell

by styrrell

I'm with leviathan on this one. The search function here is not good. Typically I'll search for two or three words and the search function with ignore two of them, and leave me with the most general word possible.

Every time a poster gets a message that says "use the search function" I roll my eyes.

nhluhr

by nhluhr

Look, 2-letter searches are EXTREMELY server intense and will lead to massive slowdowns of the forum indexes every time somebody searches a two-letter term.

Would you rather have a crisp/snappy user experience on the forums or be able to search 2-letter words?

This issue is common to MANY forums that are based on uBB or vBulletin type implementations.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

now THATS an informative answer, many thanks. Posts telling me "use the search" or "relax" are the last bastion of the ideologically rigid.

lyot

by lyot

Leviathan wrote:now THATS an informative answer, many thanks. Posts telling me "use the search" or "relax" are the last bastion of the ideologically rigid.

Using Google by putting between "" what your looking for, and adding the site operator is often the best way to find things on a particular website. Like this : "BH G5" site:weightweenies.starbike.com

Leviathan

by Leviathan

my problem is Ive no real ambition to make google's founders infinitesimally richer by using it if I can avoid it.

kulivontot

by kulivontot

So use bing? :noidea:
Don't pretend that you're too good to use ANY search engine.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

After what Microsoft did to my work computers when I "upgraded" to windows 8 Ive got a vendetta against them as well. :roll:
Im starting to sound like some crazy iconoclast so think its better I quit complaining

PSM

by PSM

Lol !

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

natiedean24

by natiedean24

Speaking of search, it would be dandy if the search function would work with the iphone forum reader Tap-A-Talk. It used to work (months ago) but now no searches work.