Great deal on a nice digital scale!

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
twistyaction usa

by twistyaction usa

I found a nice USB digital scale at Radio Shack for U.S. $19.97. It plugs into your computer's USB port and shows the weight on a little picture of a scale on your monitor. It goes up to 10 lbs. and displays in grams/kilograms/ounces/pounds. It comes with software that links your scale readout right to the rate calculation pages of Fed-Ex, U.P.S. and D.H.L. If all Radio Shacks are the same it is item # 2600950.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102728&cp=&kw=2600950&parentPage=search

The retail stores seem to be selling it for $5 cheaper than online and no shipping!
Attachments
USB scale.jpg
USB scale.jpg (6.31 KiB) Viewed 3991 times

Tippster

by Tippster

do you get commission? :wink:
"Ride it like you've just stolen it!"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

twistyaction usa

by twistyaction usa

It's all about my Radio Shack stock holdings. :lol:

TSMonk

by TSMonk

I just got this one, and for some reason my computer would not let me install it. The instruction booklet also says that you have to do your own conversion for grams.

Tippster

by Tippster

some versions of windows do not support USB
"Ride it like you've just stolen it!"

tcr

by tcr

What is the scale accurate to?

marcuss

by marcuss

Is it Mac compatible?

twistyaction usa

by twistyaction usa

Don't know why you're computer might not let you install it. I've installed three on three different computers and I haven't had a glitch. The scale gives weights in pounds or kilograms. The kilogram display is out to three decimal places, so it gives you grams. Weight seems to change in one gram increments. I haven't tested it on a known weight, but it has seemed accurate on parts as low as 10 grams and as high as 1500 grams.

gregclimbs

by gregclimbs

twistyaction usa wrote:Don't know why you're computer might not let you install it. I've installed three on three different computers and I haven't had a glitch. The scale gives weights in pounds or kilograms. The kilogram display is out to three decimal places, so it gives you grams. Weight seems to change in one gram increments. I haven't tested it on a known weight, but it has seemed accurate on parts as low as 10 grams and as high as 1500 grams.

just picked one up (on sale at local store)...

weights dead on for two know weights (11g and 162g).

bottom of scale says 5kgx1g which I suspect to translate into max weight of 5kg +/-1g...

COOL.

g

TSMonk

by TSMonk

twistyaction usa wrote:Don't know why you're computer might not let you install it. I've installed three on three different computers and I haven't had a glitch. The scale gives weights in pounds or kilograms. The kilogram display is out to three decimal places, so it gives you grams. Weight seems to change in one gram increments. I haven't tested it on a known weight, but it has seemed accurate on parts as low as 10 grams and as high as 1500 grams.

Ends up something was wrong with my usb port. I bought it again and it works good. Its accurate in the way that I put the same part on there 3 times and it reads it as the same weight. I feel for 20 dollars it is money well spent. Now I just need a hanging digital scale to weight the whole bike.

psuaero

by psuaero

I picked up one of these scales for $20 also. I'm just an amatuer WW at this time but wanted some way to guage my progress on a quest for ever lighter parts. I started weighing quarters and based on weighing up to 30 quarters it seems to always be within 1 gram of the calculated weight. Good enough for me.

gregclimbs

by gregclimbs

TSMonk wrote: <snip> Its accurate in the way that I put the same part on there 3 times and it reads it as the same weight. <snip>

that isn't accuracy, that is precision...

accuracy is whether or not the measured weight is the REAL weight. but none the less, I agree it is precise, and (according to my other scale) accurate to boot...

g

iubike

by iubike

I too have one, quite nice! Pretty amazing how easy it is to use!

K

Ramjm_2000

by Ramjm_2000

scored mine for $9.99. I have it hooked up to an old laptop in the shop. Very sweet!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Brian B

by Brian B

It's discontinued :(

None of the stores in my area had it.

:roll: