HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:38 pm 

The Black Widow was born on June 11, 2013, but was only taken into my home on the eighteenth of November, just under a year ago. The Black Widow was the first bike I bought complete, at my LBS, and I loved her. I rode her everywhere. Coffee shops, across state lines, centuries - she did it all. And, as everyone knows, she can hold her own in a race too!

I wrote a heartfelt review soon after I took her home, which is the first review on Cannondale's website. I think that review encapsulates the last year of my life pretty well. Completely enamored with the bike, but wildly under-skilled and over-privileged to be riding her. She took me from a 4 to a 3. She rocketed me to my first win. She carried me for 6 weeks to my first overall series win. She came overseas with me to train in Israel, and I treated her in kind, always lovingly maintaining what needed to me maintained and caressing the smooth, sexy curves of her frame. On the first of November, 1 week ago today, I brought her to the shop to make sure everything was copacetic. The rear hub was rebuilt and the bottom bracket was replaced. The Quarq was tightened and greased and we lovingly degreased the chain for 2 days in the tank, while we scrubbed each cog spotless. She has been ridden once since then, to ensure all parts were in working order.

Di2, for those of you who are unconvinced, is everything it's cracked up to be. There is no cross chaining. You can actually ride a full 20-gear spread. There are no dropped chains because the shift actuation is perfect and precise 10 out of 10 times. There are no snapped cables and no worn cables because there are no cables. Except for the brake cables, that is. The auto-trim function is phenomenal and definitely something I'm going to miss. However, the time has come for The Black Widow to move on.

This a machine with no holds barred. No expenses were spared in ensuring this top-end race bike received every upgrade that came to mind. Below is the build list.

Frame/fork: Cannondale Caad10, size 56, anodized for lightness. Stealthy, to absorb souls and strike fear and terror in the hearts of your enemies. Gold accents for prowess
BB: Enduro
Headset: Stock
Headset dustcap: SLAM THAT STEM gold, for ultimate matching
Spacers: 1 green FSA, 1 black
Stem: Zipp Service Course SL, with titanium hardware. 120mm, +/-6* (can be swapped out if you'd like)
Bars: Zipp Service Course SL, sized 42
Bar Tape: Fizik Microtex, green. Also included, 1 roll of limited edition Rapha vs. Cinelli bar tape to commemorate the grand opening of the NYC Rapha Cycle Club
Computer Mount: Tate Labs Bar Fly mount for Garmin 800
Shifters: Shimano Ultegra Di2. Cosmetic scratches on both shifters
Derailleurs: Shimano Ultegra Di2. Cosmetic scratches on rear derailleur
Brakes: Planet-X CNC. Gold. To match, of course
Training Wheels: White Industries hubs laced to DT Swiss RR545 with Thickslick tires and a spare Specialized Mondo. Handbuilt
Cassette: Shimano Ultegra.
Chain: KMC X10SL gold, to continue the ultimate matching capabilities
Crankset: Quarq Cinqo 175 53x39
Pedals: Speedplay Stainless Steel in the desirable team green colorway
Seatpost: Thomson Masterpiece, zero setback
Saddle: Slightly more padding than the SLR, but shaped like the Selle Italia SLR, 160 gram saddle. Can be swapped out per request.
Saddlepack: Arundel Dual, replete with pair of tubes, spare quarters for air at the station, Lezyne patch kit/levers. Black/gold to continue the matching.
Cages: King Cage titanium bottle cages. Titanium. Yes, really.

Not pictured:
Misc.: Di2 battery charger and instruction information, and other trinkets that came with the bike when she was brand spankin' new.

I don't think I'm forgetting anything, but I might be. If I forgot to list something, then you just get a surprise when she arrives.

Was asking for $3,770 in the CONUS, or $2,950 with no Quarq/pedals.

NEW PRICES:

$3,350 complete
$2,500 no quarq/pedals
$2,200 no wheels

+ shipping and fees, if applicable

Pictures!
http://sdrv.ms/1954Mx8

Any questions, comments or concerns, just let me know. Also, will trade for Campy 11 and/or race wheels + cash.

Eli

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:38 pm