Ruddervoorde Superprestige - my pictures

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

do you like the spooky brakes? I'm considering getting the Alu version or getting the Pauls Neo-retros. I have had good luck with pauls in the past, but the spookys are just as light and cheaper for the pair.

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

i have no experience with paul, but i would go for spookys. their design is proofed for decades now, springs are easy to get if the old ones are worn down(empella et al use the same springs), there are a lot of brake pads for ideal combination with different rims.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

C a s r a n wrote:... (more pics will follow)

I hadn't totally finished my photo report yet. :D I took some time to load up a final serie.

Here still Nys-Wellens in the front:

The swiss riders Christian Heule and Simon Zahner, both riding Tune hubs and Zipp rims.

Wellens and Nys at the stairs:

Nys still uses FIR Speedlite and Antara wheels (stickers removed), but for the first time I saw the new Shimano Carbon wheels amongst his equipment though he didn't used them last Sunday.

And Simon stepping off and taking the stairs:

For those who want a closer look at his bike:

Nys and Wellens stayed in front, with Wim Jacobs (Fidea) closely behind. Nys felt on one of the stairs in the last lap and Wellens tried to make a gap but didn't succeed: Nys came back and tried to shake Wellens off... but eventually both men went to the finish line together: Wellens won!

I most probably go and watch the Koppenberg cross on November 1st. Some of you may know the Koppenberg from the pavement section in the Tour of Flanders: http://www.grahamwatson.com/2002/koppen ... cover.html

This is Armstrong on the Koppenberg (April 3, 2005):

Ridley

by Ridley

Koppenberg is almost every year one of the best races!
Are you going to take pictures? :P

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

Ridley wrote:Koppenberg is almost every year one of the best races!
Are you going to take pictures? :P

IF I'm going (hope so, though I have a group training planned in the morning at the coast, more than 100km from there), why not?! :wink:

Indeed I think the Koppenberg cross and the Suprestige in Gavere have the most spectaculars courses of Belgium, maybe closely followed by Overijse (where my mechanic won once, more than 10 years ago :lol: ).

http://www.cyclingnews.be/hellingen/koppenberg.php Image

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

In case you wonder... all pictures are taken with my fathers small Sony Cybershot DSC-T3.

Even very easy to take with you on bike training... this is me on a summer training ride: 8)

Müsing

by Müsing

and again, thank you very much for those great pictures.

Bowie Net

by Bowie Net

Great pictures, Thanx

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

Skyleth wrote:great pics :)

if only the races here in new england could be that dry!

what bike is Jonathan Page on? It doesn't look like his usual Cervelo/HotTubes?

Heard this today... Page won't be riding Cervélo this year, but MiPoZo bikes.

MiPoZo is the brand name of former cyclocross World Champion Mario DeClerq for a new line of bikes, clothing and his wife's clothing store in Oudenaarde (BE). A youth team here in my neighbourhood will be sponsored by them as well. MiPoZo is named after Middelfahrt, Popradt and Zolder, the three places where Mario DeClercq became world champ. They will have some road bikes and a cross bike.

http://www.thejonathanpage.com/journal.htm

His new clothing will be made by Hincapie Sports. I think it isn't ready yet, since he still has "Cervélo" on his shirt.

I couldn't go to the Koppenberg cross yesterday, but next time I go I will try to make a good picture.

beavisbnc1

by beavisbnc1

that IS his new clothing, cervelo is still a sponser and look at his side, HINCAPIE

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

so cervelo is his sponsor but they don't make him ride cervelos?

Racing Aardvark

by Racing Aardvark

520 Dan wrote:so cervelo is his sponsor but they don't make him ride cervelos?

It sure sounds like he isn't sponsored by Cervelo anymore. See the note about his Hincapie clothing not being ready yet as his current jersey still says Cervelo.

Jonathan is in a weird spot, racing for a domestic road team that has zero interest in the Euro racing scene. Heck, even the domestic guys on his road team are racing under different colors (Team CLIFBar).

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

Racing Aardvark wrote:
520 Dan wrote:so cervelo is his sponsor but they don't make him ride cervelos?

It sure sounds like he isn't sponsored by Cervelo anymore. See the note about his Hincapie clothing not being ready yet as his current jersey still says Cervelo.

Jonathan is in a weird spot, racing for a domestic road team that has zero interest in the Euro racing scene. Heck, even the domestic guys on his road team are racing under different colors (Team CLIFBar).

:?: I did a road race (Kermesse race here in my small country town village in Belgium) with him and all 3 or 4 guys from his team started with the same colors and Felt bikes: they came to Belgium to prepare the US Pro Champs (Mark McCormack and so on). He's racing on the road for american continental team Colavita, isn't he?

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

If that is the case it puts him in either an extremely dicey sponsor situation or a potentially lucrative one. If his road team contract says "hey, go do your cross thing with your individual cross sponsors and race for us and our sponsors on the road" then JP could make some pretty good money. However, if there is some kind of conflict...he could be up a creek.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

beavisbnc1

by beavisbnc1

No Conflict, colavita doesn't do cross as a team, therefore Mark M. and Jon Page ride for other teams during cross, in pages case he happens to ride as a sponsored individual. Cervelo IS a sponsor as I said earlier. Supposedly the were slated to deliver bikes last year but he is still waiting...