SPECIALIZED frame for the World champion in ALU?!

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

kbury

by kbury

Not a great advert for Ridley. Stybar gets his best result of the season on a frame costing £500 vs over £2K for the X-night he's been riding.

andyp

by andyp

Does anyone seriously think that Stybar's lack of results (by his standards) so far this season are down to the frame he rides? :shock:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

OCCP
in the industry

by OCCP

andyp wrote:Does anyone seriously think that Stybar's lack of results (by his standards) so far this season are down to the frame he rides? :shock:

Riders like Stybar , or Nys ,win also with the cheapest bikes :wink:
It's allways the rider. Not the frame, or bike. This two parts can just help to win. But finaly all the time it's the rider.
The rest is just a good marketing :wink:

vcnz

by vcnz

andyp wrote:Does anyone seriously think that Stybar's lack of results (by his standards) so far this season are down to the frame he rides? :shock:

It seems he has a booster that turns on right a couple of weeks before the world championship.
It is not the frame of course, since he did exactly the same last year.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

monty dog wrote:Boonen's custom "Specialized" that he subsequently went on to win Paris-Roubaix was built by Dario Pegoretti - last time I saw it, it was in the Ronde van Vlaanderen museum in Oudenaard. I expect there'll be few complaints from Stybar if he's riding a Peg?

Where did you get that idea? Boonen did have a frame made in 2007 that might be a Peg, although the smoothed welds don't look like Dario's work, but he didn't win that year.

Geoff

by Geoff

Here is some interesting commentary: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/10966 ... orlds.aspx

isaacross

by isaacross

just up on bike radar. http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/p ... crux-33043" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

slight custom geo,

Basicly doesn't like compact. Oh and two rake options 49 and 51, thats cool. Quite a change from his Ridley's 45.

was his x-night also a 54 cm?

isaacross

by isaacross

also interesting is seeing that he uses a 130 stem. normal on the Road but not so common in cross. Having a bike built to his specs and running this long of a stem. Think i might go down a size in cross instead of fighting all the long headtubes out there.

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

His Ridley was a 54 and he ran a long stem on it as well. I think he just prefers his bikes setup that way.

The different fork rake options are because Specialized uses forks with more rake on their smaller sized frames to keep trail measurements fairly consistent.... so he can have to option to quicken the handling up a bit more with the longer rake if needed.

The big change for him has to be the BB drop though. The Ridleys were quite high (61mm drop I believe) and his specialized has a lot more drop (if it has standard geometry), being about 69-70mm. Either way, doesn't seem to be holding him back!