Specialized Crux sizing

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Seaholm

by Seaholm

I'm going to order a 2012 Specialized Crux frame from my LBS and I wonder what size to choose.

I'm 178 centimetres ( 5'10 ) with an inner leg- length of 83 centimetres (32 inches).

Is it a size 54 i should get?

Please help me!

Björn

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

A 54 seems reasonable. Go off of effective top tube from your road bike (or reach would be better).

I'm 6' 1.5" and am riding a 58 with a 100mm stem (but a no setback post). I have short legs and a long torso.

So, I'd say that if you normally need a setback post, the 54 would be OK. If you use a no setback, consider a 56.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Seaholm

by Seaholm

My racers toptube is 54 cm, about same as the Crux. My racer, a Look, is size 54 and I currently have a seatpost with setback.

I guess I will go with the 54 Crux.

Briscoelab; do you have the 2012 Crux? What spec du you have?

Björn

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

My B bike is a 2012 crux, with red shifters, red (steel cage)FD, Force RD, TRP CX8.4 brakes, 3T team seatpost, bar, stem, Selle Italia SLR Saddle, S-works cranks.

So far I really like it. I use it a lot for riding gravel and farm roads for training.

Pirahna

by Pirahna

The Crux has a low bottom bracket, same height has the Tarmac for example, so no surprise changes to geometry. I went for the same size as my road bike and it's perfect.